disney 2016

Stitchy626

Original Poster
hi, I no im asking well in advance but me and my partner are expecting are first child in the next few weeks. and we decided we wanted to visit Disney world over Christmas and new year as are little baby will be bout 18mths and it is free for under 2's on plane etc.we going as a party of 4 adults and 1 under 2. just wondering if there were any resorts people recommend for this trip as its first time to Disney and wanna make it special for all of us. we have looked at Disney's Art of Animation Resort and getting a lion king suite.
only asking as were coming from the uk and we can book up sometime this month once virgin open up booking for that time of year.
many thanks andy

LAM378

AoA is a beautiful resort and would be a great choice overall. I'm just wondering about the length of your trip and the dynamics of your party. There's one queen bed in a little master bedroom area with bath, a double pullout and a double Murphy bed. So 2 adults would have to sleep on the pullouts. The second bath is great to have, and the sink/vanity are separate from the tub and toilet which helps a lot.

The suites are set up very efficiently but they're not big. There are no proper closets, just hanging bars and a few drawers for clothes, and nowhere to "hide" your luggage. You might have some privacy/comfort issues, depending on the composition of your group, especially if it's a long trip.

Two rooms at a value or moderate would give you two bathrooms, "real" beds for everyone, and more space to spread out, store luggage and baby gear, etc.

But if you don't mind the small living quarters, AoA is a great bet. Really a fun, beautiful resort that you and your family will love.

Stitchy626

Original Poster
We just thought it would a really great treat for family to go away etc at Christmas as we have to book holiday time off work so far in advance

ParentsOf4

From a few days before Christmas until a few days after New Years, Walt Disney World (WDW) looks like this:

CrowdedWDW.jpg

As several already have advised, you really should avoid WDW at Christmas.

Regarding places to stay, you mentioned an Art of Animation (AOA) suite. During Christmas, these cost $514/night, about £344/night.

You might be better off trying to rent Disney Vacation Club (DVC) points through a reputable dealer such as David's DVC Rental. DVC rentals also appear on eBay.com.

katieee

As magical as Christmas is you will not be able to move in the parks and not be able to get on many of the popular rides without a ridiculous wait, if you can go any other time in December I would do that. I recommend Port Orleans Resort (either riverside or French quarter) great resort and you can get the boat over to downtown disney, great added extra! Of money is no object go with Animal kingdom lodge or Polynesian resort, the theming in the deluxe resorts is something special at Xmas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom