Disney’s Q3 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

TP2000

Closing bell, and Disney was down 4.5% today on a flat day for the DJIA, after DIS already slid 4% in the last week.

This earnings call today obviously wasn't the song they requested on Wall Street.

Going Down.jpg

LSLS

Importantly, Disney said domestic attendance was flat this quarter. Universal saw an attendance decline.
Important to remember universal had a HUGE jump last year though due to mario in CA opening. If universal had a 20% increase last year followed by a 10% decrease this year, and Disney had a 5% decrease last year followed by flat this year, Universal isn't worse off.

I'll note I totally made up my numbers, so don't treat as gospel. Just highlighting that comparing domestic for both year to year is a bit tricky with how last year was. Also I am DYING to see the theme park numbers to see how much of a change Orlando has been specifically.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Important to remember universal had a HUGE jump last year though due to mario in CA opening. If universal had a 20% increase last year followed by a 10% decrease this year, and Disney had a 5% decrease last year followed by flat this year, Universal isn't worse off.
Bingo... and the difference for people going to Disney vs Universal this year, is those who frequently visit Universal are likely waiting for Epic to open. Disney.... well... we got Communicore Cafeteria Hall I guess.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
If Disney had a 10.6% revenue decline like Universal heads would roll at Disney but seems like crickets when Universal posts these poor #s.
Universal is a different animal... .epsecially with a brand new theme park opening next year playing into that.

Disney might give us a new cupcake or popcorn bucket next year though...stay tuned! Maybe the stock will go up if they use the buttercream icing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal is a different animal... .epsecially with a brand new theme park opening next year playing into that.

Disney might give us a new cupcake or popcorn bucket next year though...stay tuned! Maybe the stock will go up if they use the buttercream icing.
…they have a couple of thousand jars of sun dried tomatoes left over from the 90’s in storage somewhere…

…I bet we can whip up a new “premium exclusive experience” with those somehow? 🤔

Lilofan

Build a Black Panther land. Many naysayers but Iger pushed it to make the movie happen. The rest is history. I’ll be one of the first to check out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom