Disney’s Q3 FY21 Earnings Results Webcast

Slpy3270

Hopefully Chapek has the ability to sell Feige and various creatives who seem mad about Disney+ on how important it is to the future of the company.
Disney+ is less profitable than theatrical and TV and so anybody who works on those projects end up with significantly less salaries. If MCU ends up being more and more reliant on D+ than box office then Feige would have to take a pay cut or walk. He will almost certainly do the latter.

skypilot2922

Completely different companies. TWDC’s assets will survive in one form or another, but “Disney” is another matter entirely.

The latter may have already been lost.

Agreed, Disney's business units will end up belonging to someone else, It would be cosmic justice if Netflix bought the corpse of D+, However I don't think the TWDC corporate entity will be around 5 years from now.

skypilot2922

Hopefully Chapek has the ability to sell Feige and various creatives who seem mad about Disney+ on how important it is to the future of the company.

The problem is while D+ has a lot of subscribers it does not have a lot of compelling content, It would be better off as part of another streaming platform like AppleTV, Amazon Video, Hulu or Netflix. I still don't understand why with Disney's majority ownership of Hulu they did not make it part of Hulu, The only explanation is corporate vanity.

skypilot2922

You’re right, I just thinking what would happen if he decided to not work with Disney going forward. No Feige guiding the MCU and no Favreau (and Filoni, I grant you that) saving Disney’s bacon with Star Wars. Disney itself has proven to be an awful steward of the SW franchise.

Awful steward!!!!, Hoot Mon they killed the golden Star Wars goose a feat I did not believe to be possible.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney+ is less profitable than theatrical and TV and so anybody who works on those projects end up with significantly less salaries. If MCU ends up being more and more reliant on D+ than box office then Feige would have to take a pay cut or walk. He will almost certainly do the latter.
Disney's dropping a few Billion on D+ just for new content. People will get paid.

Like many other Internet ventures, there's a lot of deficit spending in order to own the market. Then you can monetize it better and start profiting.

the.dreamfinder

Agreed, Disney's business units will end up belonging to someone else, It would be cosmic justice if Netflix bought the corpse of D+, However I don't think the TWDC corporate entity will be around 5 years from now.
Probably Apple buys the core Disney assets and dispesnes with everything else.

jmp85

I'm sure we can put together a few thousand shares within this thread. Time to spark another Disney War -- I'm in with 100 shares 😂

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Don’t worry, with Chapek’s comments today, the pitchforks are already out. From APs to DVC to locals, it’s going to be a bloodbath sooner than later.

Disney’s reckoning is coming.
1628827574119.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom