Disney’s Q2 FY24 Earnings Results Webcast

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"Bob, there is a whole lot of nothing on this release calendar with regards to your flagship theme parks in Florida. Yet you say you're going to "TURBOCHARGE!!!" (*pauses to take a shot*) investment in your parks. Are you going to build anything in the next 5 years to counter Universal's expansion in Orlando?"

"We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital."

"Bob, tell us about the plans for the $17 billion in spending planned for Orlando"

"We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital."

"Bob, there are a lot of cruise lines that have upped their game, what is Disney going to do to remain at the top?"

"Bob... ummm... I was asking about the cruise line, not Universal or WDW"

*Bzzzzzttttt!!! POP!"

"No more questions, we seem to be having some technical difficulties with the video feed from Anaheim"

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is the worrying thing for me. If I'm reading this correctly, the domestic Experiences increases come down to "inflation" and "we charged more for what we already have." Is that right?
I meant to respond earlier. That's exactly what I got out of the comments. Most revenue growth in the US parks came on the back of higher ticket prices. As has been stated innumerable times in these forums - That is not a sustainable strategy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd like to know what source of the footnote is where they claim ABC is the "#1 broadcast entertainment network".

It was last year. Don't know about now...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It was last year. Don't know about now...

I'm still not sure how they declare themselves #1:

1715095595417.png

🤷‍♂️

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The biggest challenge facing Disney and everyone else is getting that red bar down in a declining environment for linear and theatrical. Not clear how anyone can do that without ruining said industries.

Linear is on an inevitable decline. It will always be bringing in less profit quarter over quarter. The important thing is to shrink expenses accordingly so that it is, at least, not in the red.

Theatrical: Disney's cleared the slate for only movies that are likely to be very popular by leaning into established IPs. Hopefully, they're finding ways to make them less expensively.

TalkingHead

It's not doing as well as Netflix. Sell.
The trades were reporting that Disney is still on track with their DTC predictions. You can’t mean that investors are actually realizing how much ground Disney stands to lose in the near future. It’d be sad if the annual “less Marvel, better Marvel” bromide finally stopped working.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom