Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

doctornick

Bob - I'm pleased to announce we will soon begin offering a one app experience domestically that incorporates our content via Disney+. Roll out will begin by the end of the calendar year.

Well, that answers the "selling Hulu" questions, right? Unless that means they are selling Hulu but rolling in other content (Fox) into D+ under say the Star brand.

I'm curious if this means ESPN+ into D+ as well. That would be a big shift for Disney and more similar to other providers like Paramount+ and Peacock that have sports content on their regular streaming.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's no surprise of course (no way to get to profitability by 2024 as they promised without it) but I am wondering if they will be doing the integrating Hulu/ESPN+ at the same time to "justify" the cost increase and how that would compare to the existing bundle price.
There’s no “secret weapon” with the bundle

d+ is by far the most intriguing service to have out of the 3 as it stands

TheMaxRebo

Yep…think the “Disney plus isn’t gonna do what Bob said…ever” lead is being buried here

definitely seems a change in strategy - producing less content and integrating Hulu, etc, and raising prices

which, honestly, probably makes sense ... never going to have the broadest of appeal but a high % of fans are loyal, like the content, and are willing to pay more (I include myself in that)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom