Disney’s Q2 FY23 Earnings Results Webcast

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree Hulu’s interface needs some work. It’s a little slow and sometimes resuming a show you didn’t finish starts back at the beginning in my experience. I hope they use D+ as the main engine/interface for Hulu and Hulu Live.
I found nearly all streamers have that issue. If you don't watch thru the end credits all the way it flags that episode as 'not finished' and keeps popping up that episode as "You want to resume watching this?" And there's no way to indicate, "No, I'm done." or to mark it as "finished."

Max is the worst in this regard.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I found nearly all streamers have that issue. If you don't watch thru the end credits all the way it flags that episode as 'not finished' and keeps popping up that episode as "You want to resume watching this?" And there's no way to indicate, "No, I'm done." or to mark it as "finished."

Max is the worst in this regard.
I usually have the opposite problem. Unless I exit apps in a very specific way before I turn the TV off, sometimes they keep running in the background and I come back to find that it thinks I watched several episodes more than I actually did.

Trauma

Must be my TV then, LG smart tv

I have to delete the app and reinstall it just to get it to launch sometimes.

I am using Apple TV however to launch it.

So who knows.

Tha Realest

Any inference from this? Is this viewed as a ratification of the moves made, or is he circling back around?

Tha Realest

Anyone check the Disney stock?
Still below the Chapek Line

IMG_0922.jpeg

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Question: did they mention anything about the dividend yesterday? Is that still planned?

Christine McCarthy did mention the dividend today on the SVB MoffettNathanson Q&A call.

And at some point, as you know, we've talked about resuming a dividend in not too distant future. It's not going to be where we left off, but we're going to get back in the game. And that's something that is returning capital to shareholders is something that we also think about, in addition to growing our businesses and investing in our business.

Tha Realest

Iger says Disney will be "surgical" on deciding which content gets pulled from streaming services.

Seems like they're trying to tell creatives "No, we're not going Zaslav's route." Whether that's true remains to be soon.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if the majority of content getting pulled are shows or movies Disney doesn't actually own (Diary of a Future President, the Animaniacs reboot, The Right Stuff and the like).
Well, we have our answer. Yikes. Guess we’re not seeing Willow season 2, since so few watched season 1.

1684458129563.png

Slpy3270

Well, we have our answer. Yikes. Guess we’re not seeing Willow season 2, since so few watched season 1.

View attachment 717256
Told you I wasn't shocked. At the very least, it's (presently) not as expansive as the August 2022 HBO Max purges, so my point that Iger wasn't quite emulating the Zaslav strategy still stands (for one, we've got a week to binge or watch all that content, and the creators are being notified in advance, so they'll have time to make copies, if they can, of the pulled content).

Them pulling Howard on the week of the live-action Little Mermaid film's release is pretty bad taste, though.

Also, Willow was never getting a season two despite what the showrunners were saying. That was just pure hopium and they knew it.

(Personally I don't expect these shows and movies to be disappeared for long. We'll see.)

Tha Realest

Told you I wasn't shocked. At the very least, it's (presently) not as expansive as the August 2022 HBO Max purges, so my point that Iger wasn't quite emulating the Zaslav strategy still stands (for one, we've got a week to binge or watch all that content, and the creators are being notified in advance, so they'll have time to make copies, if they can, of the pulled content).

Them pulling Howard on the week of the live-action Little Mermaid film's release is pretty bad taste, though.

Also, Willow was never getting a season two despite what the showrunners were saying. That was just pure hopium and they knew it.

(Personally I don't expect these shows and movies to be disappeared for long. We'll see.)
Yeah, but most of these are original productions, right? This does feel like a Zaslav move in that regard.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Christine McCarthy did mention the dividend today on the SVB MoffettNathanson Q&A call.

And at some point, as you know, we've talked about resuming a dividend in not too distant future. It's not going to be where we left off, but we're going to get back in the game. And that's something that is returning capital to shareholders is something that we also think about, in addition to growing our businesses and investing in our business.
It’s neither looking possible nor is it a good idea…but you go, Chrissy

Slpy3270

Yeah, but most of these are original productions, right? This does feel like a Zaslav move in that regard.
Yeah but Zaslav went much further. He got rid of tons of library titles, wrote some of them off as tax losses (RIP Final Space), and some completed productions weren't even allowed to be released or aired (Batgirl, Chad and Snowpiercer come into mind).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom