Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Midwest Elitist

"We are now bringing a new magical experience to Tomorrowland! Starting the month of June, guests will experience the joy of pushing the Tomorrowland Speedway cars and will be given the sense of accomplishment contributing to a green future! This also saves us twenty million dollars in fuel costs."

Midwest Elitist

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!

1652303531933.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Q: Why isn't ESPN fully free standing streaming?

$32 Billion in content spending: how much is that general, international?

A: Bob... we don't want to move too fast from linear/cable since it's still a big profit source. We're looking to transition slowly, and then go full bore once the time is right.

Christine: 1/3 in sports. Infrastructure support. Hundreds of millions for each geographic region for local.

hopemax

Bob on Genie+ and reservations -

The sign-up for Genie+ plus and the willingness to come to the parks with our balanced reservation system, which helps us manage our price per day, if you will, so that domestic yield strategy has really structurally allowed us to increase that per capita spending meaningfully without having to rely solely on raising ticket prices and we don't see any end in sight for that.
I'm here now, and what I've noticed is that the popular rides for the most part, the lines have been 75 minutes or less. Pandora / Galaxy's Edge / Slinky being the exceptions. This is where our personal limit is. For a great ride, an hour, from time to time is not the end of the world and we can even handle 90 for once on the best of the best. The middle pack of rides are 30-45 minutes. Which also works for us to "just wait." So if they can maintain operations like that, they may be able to pull off the balancing act. Many people will "expect" those sort of waits, and those who want to pay their way to avoid them can do that too. But if they increase capacity too much, and we're back to insanity everywhere, where you're only options are paying through the nose or intolerable waits, guest satisfaction will plummet again. Honestly, I wasn't expecting the parks to be "doable" without paying for Genie / LL+, but so far they are.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Q: When ad-supported comes, what percent will be ad v. premier?

What's up with releasing films in China?

A: Bob... situation is fluid, complicated, political. We did release Death on the Nile and Encanto. Doctor Strange doing super well without China.

Christine: We're not releasing our expectations yet. But we do expect more subs. We'll keep evaluating and being flexible. It should increase ARPU.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Q: Can you squeeze US park customers more?!!?

When you finally cut the linear line, will that be a loss? How will that work... I didn't do my homework.

A: Christine... we could increase capacity, but, we're capping them to keep a better consumer experience. We're increasing capacity with more experiences.

Bob: We're not talking about cutting linear plans, no, no, no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom