Disney’s Q2 FY22 Earnings Results Webcast

Tha Realest

ParentsOf4 had made graphs of the impact of economic slowdowns on P&R performance. P&R is going to have significant headwinds and is going to have trouble being the cash cow.
Donald Glover Reaction GIF

Tha Realest

ParentsOf4 had made graphs of the impact of economic slowdowns on P&R performance. P&R is going to have significant headwinds and is going to have trouble being the cash cow.
Do you have the link to that post? I’d be interested in seeing it

willtravel

I was signed up for Hulu only and recently I received notice I was being moved over to Hulu, Dis+, ESPN+ package and higher price. I wonder how many others that had happen too.

doctornick

I was signed up for Hulu only and recently I received notice I was being moved over to Hulu, Dis+, ESPN+ package and higher price. I wonder how many others that had happen too.
Everyone on Hulu with live TV was switched over to the bundle sometime in the past year. And yes it seems to me the main reason they did that was to keep the sub numbers up

Edit: they really just need to have this report not be terrible. Subs are going to jump over the summer when D+launches in a slew of new countries. They are largely relatively smaller countries (though a few are pretty significant populations like Egypt, Turkey, South Africa, Poland,etc) but collecting it should provide a huge number of increased subscribers.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Live audio webcast will at 4:30 p.m. ET/ 1:30 p.m. PT on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.

It had already been pointed out to you that a previous thread was already made... in the correct forum.

Trauma

Ok I lied, I’m not holding thru earnings. I took the 2% in premarket and I’m out. If it goes to the moon good for those who hold, I just don’t trust this market right now. A quick 5k scalp, I’ll take my wife out to dinner. Good luck to those braver then me!

pdude81

Ok I lied, I’m not holding thru earnings. I took the 2% in premarket and I’m out. If it goes to the moon good for those who hold, I just don’t trust this market right now. A quick 5k scalp, I’ll take my wife out to dinner. Good luck to those braver then me!
Rooting for the dividend but we'll see how it goes

WDW Pro

so they slashed it during Covid, opened it back up again once the Floridians swamped the parks, and now cutting again in anticipation of a recession / market correction (or both?)
It would be hard to peg motivation unless a company statement clarifies. There are too many chefs controlling the fire to pick out just one voice.

I swore some insiders on another thread were saying the opposite for P&R, at least WDW. Maybe I misunderstood
It would be hard for WDW to maintain the investment levels of Epcot's semi-redux and Tron years. We'd be hearing about major new expansions already. I wouldn't be surprised to see things pushed back to the late twenties.

Sir_Cliff

I’m not an “insider”, but I have heard that as well, uppers are realizing WDW being taken advantage of.
That would be nice. I don't want to say it too loud in case someone higher up notices, but I have been wondering how they have been managing to run things so well in Paris lately in terms of the 30th celebration, refurbs, and maintenance while everything in Florida seems to be falling apart and heading in the wrong direction.

jmp85

The stock is heavily oversold as it is right now.

If earnings are good I expect a very strong push.

I wish I had a better read on earnings.

The upside reward here is going to be greater than the downside risk. I will be taking a small position of 25k. I’ll be fine eating the loss if earnings miss.
Looking at FCF projections and intrinsic value (using assumptions I feel comfortable with), I like it closer to $95/share. You're probably right though regarding earnings risk. I hate buying before earnings though, always feels like a gamble.

pdude81

It would be hard for WDW to maintain the investment levels of Epcot's semi-redux and Tron years. We'd be hearing about major new expansions already. I wouldn't be surprised to see things pushed back to the late twenties.
If they kept the original timeframes, then perhaps. But they more than doubled the amount of time it took to spend the money before all is said and done, plus "reduced" the big barstool and put off Poppins/Quinnjet. Now you could be 100% right, but there have been a lot fewer leaks lately. We could well be hearing about big new projects in September, with some leaks in the summer.

Nubs70

Looking at FCF projections and intrinsic value (using assumptions I feel comfortable with), I like it closer to $95/share. You're probably right though regarding earnings risk. I hate buying before earnings though, always feels like a gamble.
FCF = OCB - I
FCFmax = OCB - 0

Investment will slow to a crawl.

jmp85

FCF = OCB - I
FCFmax = OCB - 0

Investment will slow to a crawl.
They're running negative cash from operations right now, much less traditional FCF (cash from ops less capital expenditures). I'm worried DIS is going to go down the road of burning cash with D+ in an effort to grow / maintain subscribers. Netflix is technically profitable but has never been cash flow positive because they burn money on content just to maintain subscribers. If they stop burning through money on content, will they still be profitable? Doubt it.

Investments in parks may slow to a crawl, but they'll burn it on D+.

Lilofan

They're running negative cash from operations right now, much less traditional FCF (cash from ops less capital expenditures). I'm worried DIS is going to go down the road of burning cash with D+ in an effort to grow / maintain subscribers. Netflix is technically profitable but has never been cash flow positive because they burn money on content just to maintain subscribers. If they stop burning through money on content, will they still be profitable? Doubt it.

Investments in parks may slow to a crawl, but they'll burn it on D+.
I’m more concerned not just if investments slow to a crawl but is there going to be money to spend on upkeep of parks and resorts to still make it nice and pretty.

Tha Realest

I’m more concerned not just if investments slow to a crawl but is there going to be money to spend on upkeep of parks and resorts to still make it nice and pretty.
For better or worse, they've leveraged the future of the company to D+. If it fails spectacularly, it could drag the whole company down with it. If it succeeds wildly, it could make the other components of the company (theme parks, retail sales, cruise lines) comparatively less valuable, and ripe for sell-off.

Lilofan

For better or worse, they've leveraged the future of the company to D+. If it fails spectacularly, it could drag the whole company down with it. If it succeeds wildly, it could make the other components of the company (theme parks, retail sales, cruise lines) comparatively less valuable, and ripe for sell-off.
Yes, Chapek is betting the farm on D+.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom