News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Did y'all catch this gem?

"Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser attraction"

It wasn't a 2-night hotel stay, it was a 2-night, $5000 attraction.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Sir_Cliff

It's not quarter to quarter, it's quarter versus prior year. And that's now how they manage parks investment.
I understand that, but I feel the same way on year on year growth. The idea that each quarter has to be more profitable than the year before leads down the road to cost cutting and price rises when being highly profitable is not enough because it's not even more highly profitable than the previous year.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Why is Iger saying - WDW continues to manage against wage inflation ? in an interview today right before earnings call That’s buzzwords in running a lean efficiency operation looking at all costs
It’s an attempt at a complete BS excuse as to why their attendance is lagging in a non-recession economy.

Again…that has NEVER happened before

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I can't remember so little discussion being spent on Parks & Resorts. It was like "It's a core business, so we have to talk about it, but we really, really, really don't want to talk about it. How about the studio & streaming (which are not that strong historically either)."

…everybody can see the fire. Don’t need to say it’s burning 🤪

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Q: How to fix film slate? How was the result with Charter?

Bob: Our deal with Charter worked out for us because it focused on streaming priority.

We did have four movies in top ten. But, we perhaps were making too much content and focus more on quality.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom