News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2023 Earnings Results Webcast

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Something they could do relatively quickly is revert to 3 pre-booked LLs per day and include them with all on-site resort stays (and another 3 for club level if they want). I’m surprised they haven’t started doing this during soft periods as it is. Start with all of July and August.
The numbers don’t work.

Is it February 2nd?

They don’t have the capacity.

Nobody wants prebooks on barnstormer and Star tours

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My wife gets a new Benz every 3 years. When we bought the last one a couple years ago I paid less for a GLE 350 amg then people where paying for
F350 pickup trucks.

Strange world.
…those are the same people who say “galaxies edge” with a straight face and call breakfast “an experience”

ParentsOf4

I don't think their base of potential customers is tapped out at all. But any significant increase is going to cost them.

Could cost them in revenue by dropping prices or giving "free" dining away. Could cost them significant money in new attractions and improved maintenance. I'd float increased staffing but I'm not sure they could boost cast numbers significantly if they wanted to.

There are levers to pull, but I don't think they want to pull them until D+ is profitable and they can take a little blowback in operating costs. And obviously Bob the former would prefer never to pull them. He just won't have a choice soon.
Disney has been offering "35% off hotels" or "free dining" for decades.

A 10% price increase on a hotel that was "35% off" last year is still a 10% increase on a hotel that is "35% off" this year.

Frankly, Disney's WDW discounts today are not an enticing as they were a decade or two ago when base prices were significantly less and when discounts such as "free dining" actually meant free dining.

Disney also has tapped out on discounts growing theme park attendance. They need to offer them now just to maintain where they are. In this post COVID revenge vacation period, WDW attendance would plunge if Disney stopped offering discounts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think their base of potential customers is tapped out at all. But any significant increase is going to cost them.

Could cost them in revenue by dropping prices or giving "free" dining away. Could cost them significant money in new attractions and improved maintenance. I'd float increased staffing but I'm not sure they could boost cast numbers significantly if they wanted to.

There are levers to pull, but I don't think they want to pull them until D+ is profitable and they can take a little blowback in operating costs. And obviously Bob the former would prefer never to pull them. He just won't have a choice soon.

By their own admission…the evidence indicates they’ve tapped out their Orlando customer base.

It’s not Anaheim…where passholders treat Disneyland like a six flags…

Orlando…where they ask for a huge price commitment and the parks can’t manage even moderate crowds now.

It’s an “onion” of failure…all coming to a head

ToTBellHop

The numbers don’t work.

Is it February 2nd?

They don’t have the capacity.

Nobody wants prebooks on barnstormer and Star tours
They absolutely have the numbers to do this for onsite resorts. They did it for EVERYONE 4 years ago. Some of the most concerning survey data they are currently receiving is from families who believe they MUST use G+ every day but that the cost is problematic and it’s stressful to use while on vacation. This is suppressing return visits from people who would otherwise come.

People are paying for G+ now only to find they can’t actually get the most desirable rides. Their anger is then directed toward the poor CMs that WDW can’t afford to lose. I’m not sure why anyone would want to work at DHS and get yelled at all day.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They absolutely have the numbers to do this for onsite resorts. They did it for EVERYONE 4 years ago. Some of the most concerning survey data they are currently receiving is from families who believe they MUST use G+ every day but that the cost is problematic and it’s stressful to use while on vacation. This is suppressing return visits from people who would otherwise come.

People are paying for G+ now only to find they can’t actually get the most desirable rides. Their anger is then directed toward the poor CMs that WDW can’t afford to lose. I’m not sure why anyone would want to work at DHS and get yelled at all day.

I agree. Frontline CM's continue to bear the brunt from management's continued poor decisions, particularly around Genie-. I know I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. That's also why we tend to go out of our way to be kind to CMs whenever possible.

el_super

With the Baby Boomer generation (and their rose colored glasses) aging out and few new international markets to chase, exactly how does Disney keep WDW growth going?

Maybe they don't? If WDW is tanking attendance wise, but the local parks are picking up the slack, why not just focus on the local markets. They are spending more in Hong Kong and Paris as we speak. Disneyland has been relatively packed since summer ended.

Slowing investment in Florida is an option.

This seems like a perception problem. If everyone used Genie+, the value of the service would be gone and everyone would end up waiting in longer lines, just like they did in the Fastpass days. Disney needs to find a way to make the experience better rather than making it equally awful for everyone. It's good that they are fighting against this perception.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

They can’t SELL the “on-site resorts”…and that’s just a piece of the whole pie on property each day…

Come on…you aren’t silly enough to think they’re gonna “reward” people for paying too much and also alienate other customers and “make more with less”, are you?

Let’s not do this…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree. Frontline CM's continue to bear the brunt from management's continued poor decisions, particularly around Genie-. I know I wouldn't want to be in their shoes. That's also why we tend to go out of our way to be kind to CMs whenever possible.
I 100% agree…I never blame the “messengers”

But this “fastpass+” nonsense…let’s not start this again.

First…they are NOT in the business of rewarding people…mainly: they’re not giving fastpasses to old dvc contracts.

They did it for awhile…it failed…they’re not going back

JoeCamel

Maybe they don't? If WDW is tanking attendance wise, but the local parks are picking up the slack, why not just focus on the local markets. They are spending more in Hong Kong and Paris as we speak. Disneyland has been relatively packed since summer ended.

Slowing investment in Florida is an option.
So the cow is dry?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So the cow is dry?
robert de niro GIF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom