News Disney’s Fiscal Full Year and Q4 2021 Earnings Results Webcast

FutureCEO

To be honest, I go into a park and pick out 2/3rds of people that need to lose weight. So they are just being realist. But I always thought Disney portion sizes were smaller than the rest of the country anyway.

Sir_Cliff

The bad part I see in their approach is that it’s going to feel almost necessary. Especially to first, second, or first time in a long time guests. It will also eventually eat in to per capita spending when crowds are high. G+ for ride access during a heavy day, or that extra souvenir? That’s how families that have saved for months to years to take Harper for her “once in a lifetime” trip will think. And, where previous guests like that family might have been lured into DVC or at minimum a bounce back offer, they may well wait for Harper to like Harry Potter and do Hard Rock instead next time.
Maybe to some, but I guess it will all come down to whether Disney is offering as good a product as they seem to think they are. A world in which WDW is widely seen as a rip-off and "not-as-good-as-it-once-was" and struggles to recover its reputation is not at all inconceivable. I'm not saying we're there yet and current guest behaviour seems to suggest they can push very hard before guests stop coming. The aggressiveness (and publicness) with which they are trying to push the boundaries of how much they can cut and how much higher they can raise prices, though, seems very risky and arrogant to me.

They really are doubling down on that new "pay more, get less" motto... aren't they?!?
But it's for your own good! Not only will you lose weight, you'll have less money for drugs and gambling!

Last edited:

Lilofan

To be honest, I go into a park and pick out 2/3rds of people that need to lose weight. So they are just being realist. But I always thought Disney portion sizes were smaller than the rest of the country anyway.
If we are talking portions, the old fashioned diners in the Northeast serve very generous servings and some can even brown bag the leftovers to be eaten the next day at home.

seascape

Disney's quarterly report wasn't good. However, it is not horribble either. Disney streaming (Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu) is now getting over $1.4 billion a month. With almost no growth over the current year they will receive $18 billion from streaming in the current year.

chama1

Some on budget and savvy just brown bag and eat on a park bench in the parks.
I don't think you can bring "food" into the park, but you can eat a good breakfast (outside of park), bring a snack into the park, and have dinner in the Disney area....

CaptainAmerica

Thinking about the 30% increase in per capita guest spending versus pre-pandemic levels, I wonder how much that has to do with the fact that two giant Value resorts and one giant Moderate resort were offline for the whole quarter. When All Star Sports is closed but the Polynesian is open, your per caps are naturally going to be higher.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What she said was on record but did anyone notice the feedback by guests is only restricted to social media and forums? None of the worldwide media is even picking up and reporting on the portion size comment.
Well, then, start passing out the pitchforks and torches and we'll do the rest!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And your evidence of "tool alert" is what, exactly?
Don’t trust him. After speaking to the cms on the ground…the “Pressler characteristics” seemed clear to me. There have been others as well.

that’s an opinion. But here’s what modern Disney tells you: the ceo is the only “savior” you’ll find. Bad deal here.

opinion. I’ll love to be proven wrong.

…is this about backing up the village idiot on the covid thread yesterday? That was unfortunate. 😬

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think you can bring "food" into the park, but you can eat a good breakfast (outside of park), bring a snack into the park, and have dinner in the Disney area....
Disney has never restricted outside food into the park. They are about the only ones that can say that. I believe the philosophy there is because they trend so younger…it was not a battle worth fighting/ticking people off over.

Lilofan

In regards to bringing something in, If I am not mistaken, back in the day one can bring their own alcohol onto the DCL ships, but I think that is no longer allowed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In regards to bringing something in, If I am not mistaken, back in the day one can bring their own alcohol onto the DCL ships, but I think that is no longer allowed.
You could actually bring proof spirits on Disney ships…most only allow wine.
I do not know if that’s still the case?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, then, start passing out the pitchforks and torches and we'll do the rest!!
…can’t enjoy yourself…at home in Toms River…if you don’t defend, huh?

this isn’t a “mob” caliber development…but it still looks PR nonsensical and cheap. All new higher prices structure…when people can’t travel…and now crying poor and schlepping it off on those that do?

so why say it? Kissing the business end of wal street while giving the press something to make you look incredibly bad to the populace. Why announce that? Bad management.

you know…there was once this whacky concept to entice people there to boost revenues and profits…not fret margins like a novice out loud.

even Bob I and Michael the Terrible knew how to tip toe.

chapek is terrible (and likely his lieutenants by extension)…you can say it and still be a lifelong Disney fan. They are not mutually exclusive.

Trauma

…can’t enjoy yourself…at home in Toms River…if you don’t defend, huh?

this isn’t a “mob” caliber development…but it still looks PR nonsensical and cheap. All new higher prices structure…when people can’t travel…and now crying poor and schlepping it off on those that do?

so why say it? Kissing the business end of wal street while giving the press something to make you look incredibly bad to the populace. Why announce that? Bad management.

you know…there was once this whacky concept to entice people there to boost revenues and profits…not fret margins like a novice out loud.

even Bob I and Michael the Terrible knew how to tip toe.

chapek is terrible (and likely his lieutenants by extension)…you can say it and still be a lifelong Disney fan. They are not mutually exclusive.
What you say here is true and only the beginning. I think they will be able to stabilize the share price with a gambling partnership but this is looking more and more like a house of cards. Raising prices is expected. Doing so while insulting your customers to their face is disgusting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom