Discovery Island

mkepcotmgmak

800Miles2Magic said:
Lost Island.

I know the island isn't that big, but since Lost is an ABC show, they should re-theme discovery island around the show. It should be a free roaming island like Tom Sawyer. They can reproduce the various hatches/ plane wrecks/ beach camps ect..

Let me tell you why this is the best idea in the world. I do not watch Lost, but EVERYONE, and I mean EVERYONE in my family (parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, dogs, fish and even a few cows and horses) watch Lost RELIGIOUSLY. If they did this, then I could really talk my entire family to going to WDW, and I would have 6 or 7 days of park hopping, without them, because they wouldn't leave that island! OOOOH I CAN SEE IT NOW!

My mom wants MGM to do a Wysteria lane (like the streets of america or residential lane was) and have streetmosphere characters roaming the streets and yelling out of the houses... i just rolled my eyes so far back into my head that I might never see again.

yeti

Lost island idea sounds really cool. Would be awesome to see a cast reunion there or something......:sohappy:

Btw, what's MYST?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yeti said:
Lost island idea sounds really cool. Would be awesome to see a cast reunion there or something......:sohappy:

Btw, what's MYST?
A very cool puzzle type game. Here is a link to the official site.

PhilharMagician

Just went around the island about a month ago and it is in disrepair. The main docks are now gone and would have to be completely replaced. The island has been inhabited by thousands of birds. The amount of bird poo all over has to be :hurl: . WDW would have to invest huge money for this and I personally can not see them doing that. They should at least remove the old torn bird netting at some point.

Space Mountain

mrtoad said:
No, it is closer to the campgrounds. There is still a dock and also a shipwreck out there.

From what I have read it has been set aside as a wildlife preserve and will not be re-opened to the public.

vps.dll

jeffcot

While a 'Lost Island" is a very interesting idea, it unfortunately doesn't have any "legs". As hugely popular as "Lost" is now, it will probably start to fade in popularity in couple years. It wouldn't likely justify a fairly expensive rehab/redo of a spot that has become obsolete mainly due to its location/accessabilty (similar to River Country).

Rosenrot

Action0286 said:
I've never heard of Discovery Island. When was it opened and what was there?

I'm not sure about when it was opened, but it used to have a lot of animals...like a small zoo. I was young the last time I saw it, but I distinctly remember the large Galapagos tortoises.

Scooter

I think they should name it "Pirates Island" and have boat trips for kids to the Island complete with treasure hunts, sunken ships, life like pirates and of course, a little counter service place called "The Pirates Cove" where you could buy things like Grog,( Coke slushies) Gold bounty boxes, (Chicken nuggets) and Pirate fingers (French Fries)..maybe even skull and crossbone burgers.:lol:
The possibilities are endless.:D

col

can you go and look around discovery island when you rent a jet ski or something like that from a MK resort? if so has anyone ever done this coz ive seen quite a few jet skis by discovery island.

as for the gallapagus(sp?) turtles are they now in AK?

mrtoad

Horizons1 said:

Thanks. Pretty neat stuff. As a kid I always wanted to visit by my parents never wanted to go (my mother hates birds). My sisters and I did a night pirate cruise from the Poly (was used like a baby sitting service I guess so parents could go and have a nice dinner) where CMs dressed as pirates took us to an island either in Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon and we had a treasure/scavenger hunt and roasted marshmellows around a bonfire. I have been told since that was on the beach at Treasure Island but I never knew it at the time.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I LOVED Discovery Island! That's where I gave my son his first wedgie.:cry:

(there are some photos here for anyone who is nostalgic - though they don't show much other than my son getting his wedgie and the little shack): http://home.comcast.net/~ghoover/Day%207.htm )

But as much as I loved it, it didn't make sense to keep it along with Animal Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom