Discovery Island

PaulTetul

Original Poster
Ok Yoiu know what im talking about. The island that was once a disney park that sits in the middle of the seven seas lagoon now abanden. I was tipped off that it may be reopening anyone else know anything about it. I was told that it was shut down because a disney employee said he was told to kill some rare vultures housed there. Anyone know anything.

Horizons1

PaulTetul said:
Ok Yoiu know what im talking about. The island that was once a disney park that sits in the middle of the seven seas lagoon now abanden. I was tipped off that it may be reopening anyone else know anything about it. I was told that it was shut down because a disney employee said he was told to kill some rare vultures housed there. Anyone know anything.

Discovery Island was closed down due to AK opening. No sense in going to a little island to see wildlife when you have a park full of it.

As for DI reopening, I dont think it will happen. That is unless, they ever wanted to go back to some of their original ideas for the island

DisneyRoxMySox

Horizons1 said:
Discovery Island was closed down due to AK opening. No sense in going to a little island to see wildlife when you have a park full of it.

As for DI reopening, I dont think it will happen. That is unless, they ever wanted to go back to some of their original ideas for the island

I think they should have a few bungaloos for DVC members. :)

..At least that's what I think they should do with it. :lookaroun

OliveMcFly

They could do something with the island. Even if they made it into a picnic area. That could be cute. Although, I think the only things that will ever be on that island are the birds.

Lost Island.

I know the island isn't that big, but since Lost is an ABC show, they should re-theme discovery island around the show. It should be a free roaming island like Tom Sawyer. They can reproduce the various hatches/ plane wrecks/ beach camps ect..

WDWFREAK53

I too think the MYST Island rumor was a really cool one. Too bad it'll never happen because MYST has died off :(

Great game though.

WeLComeHomE OKW

800Miles2Magic said:
Lost Island.

I know the island isn't that big, but since Lost is an ABC show, they should re-theme discovery island around the show. It should be a free roaming island like Tom Sawyer. They can reproduce the various hatches/ plane wrecks/ beach camps ect..

I absolutely love that idea.

Love it.

800Miles2Magic said:
Lost Island.

that is an absolutely fantastic idea! that would be awesome if you could rent one of the boats from the resorts and go out there and explore on your own!

It should be turned into Tortuga...sort of a PI for the MK resort areas...How fun would that be!!! Dingy taverns, beer wenches, the works!!!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

800Miles2Magic said:
Lost Island.

The idea of the Lost Island is really cool!! It would be awesome if they built all of the hatches and everything and turn it into a Tom Sawyer like thing. If that happened I think I would have found an all time favorite attraction!!

"Wishes will come true...."

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
WDWFREAK53 said:
I too think the MYST Island rumor was a really cool one. Too bad it'll never happen because MYST has died off :(

Great game though.
While it is not as popular as it was in its heyday it still has a pretty big following. I believe that there are a total of 5 games, three novels and a comic book series. The original game has also been redone twice. The most recent sequel was released in April of 2005.

I was a huge fan of the game for quite some time and would love to see this rumor dusted off and brought to life.

manutdfan1

I think the tortuga idea would be GREAT!!!!!!! And maybe you could get there via a pirate ship. I dont know though, could you imagine all those drunk people trying to get back to there cars, that would be hilarious. And if they found there way to the boat they might fall off because they are so drunk.

PX57chevy

Which Island?

We always have this debate between my wife and I...Is it the big island between Contemporary and WL????:veryconfu :veryconfu

mrtoad

PX57chevy said:
We always have this debate between my wife and I...Is it the big island between Contemporary and WL????:veryconfu :veryconfu

No, it is closer to the campgrounds. There is still a dock and also a shipwreck out there.

From what I have read it has been set aside as a wildlife preserve and will not be re-opened to the public.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom