disappointed with spectromagic

tunka

Original Poster
I thought spectromagic's music was uninspiring compared to disneyland's old light magic. The spectro floats were certainly eye catching, but the whole production seemed flat to me. I guess everyone is inspired in different ways and spectro didn't do it for me. What does everybody think of it? I still love Disney, so don't bash me too hard!

Tigggrl

Spectro is one of my Favorite Disney parades...I liked the Electrical parade too, but not like I do Spectro! Its the one parade, no matter how tired I am, that I dont mind camping out for...and I used to go all the time, before I moved away!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I like the old lightmagic soundtrack too. As for spectro, I really only like 2 parts of it. the beginning, and the silly symphonies unit.

Becky

:wave:

Spectromagic, Illuminations and Fantasmic are worth the price of admission to each park.

The three together are worth the cost of the whole trip.

:p

goofyfan13

I personally love spectromagic! Its one of the main things I look forward to when I go to MK. I love the music I have the theme on CD for it, and tunka don't worry too much about people bashing you, everyone is entitled to there opinion.

jujub1227

Well, I have to say that I personally love the Main Street Electric Parade. Spectromagic just doesn't do anything for me. I think it is because I like the music from Electric Parade much better. Even though I don't like Spectro as much it is certainly better than no night parade at all. :animwink:

darkrose

I wasn't going to say anything because I thought I was just being overly nostalgic...but..

I didn't like Spectromagic at all. Bring back the OLD Electric Light Parade!

~Darkrose~

jcrb

Spectromagic is an awesome parade – the music is great and the floats are awesome. The only down fall with the new Spectro is taking out Roger- I’m not sure if it was a good thing or a bad thing

One other note I like the Old Main Street Electrical Parade.

TravisMT81

I am not a fan of the MSEP music...gives me a headacche. I love SPector Magic, and I also love the Light Magic Score. Also Fantillusion is very good as well. -Trav

ToTBellHop

SpectroMagic is my favorite parade ever...I find the music much more dramatic that MSEPs, and the floats are more hi-tech. I am certainly not a fan of the "Baroque Hoedown".... But, obviously, to each his own...I saw it five nights out of my ten night visit in February:) And the show was cancelled due to rain the last two nights!

Dizknee_Phreek

Spectromagic is one of my all time fave parades! i grew up with it! i know everyone has their own opinion, and i respect that, but i really just can't see how anyone can say that SM's music is uninspireing! it's so much more than that! it's...empowering! if nothing else reminded me of Disney, the music to SM would! anytime i hear that music at home, i just close my eyes, and i'm there! and the floats are awesome! i can't even begin to tell you how crushed i was to find out that Spectro was gone and had been replaced by MSEP....i tried to give MSEP a chance, but no matter how hard i tried, i just hated it! the music was just...well...kinda dumb. and i found the floats to be nearly gaudy. i think the best decision Disney has EVER made was to bring SM back! it was really weird to me having MSEP at WDW because before, i had ALWAYS closed my day by hearing the music of SM...like we could just be walking out of the park while SM was going, and just hearing a few minutes of that music was all it took...i could end my day perfectly....MSEP just messed all that up...my day just seemed so incomplete. but i think my life without SM and not knowing that it would ever come back just made it that much more precious to me when it did come back!
SPECTROMAGIC ALL THE WAY!!!
oh, btw, someone mentioned the little 'glow worm' people in SM....they used to freak me out too when i was a kid...but they've really grown on me! Spectromagic just wouldn't be the same without them!

Badger Brent

MSEP was my first parade for me so it was my all-time fav. Then I saw Spectro and at first I didn't know if I liked as much. After taping it and watching it at home a couple of times I can't wait to go back in Oct to see it again. I do like the different parades from time to time to have a change of pace.:animwink:

bgraham34

I love Spectro. It was so good seeing in when I went in January. Because when I go every September they don't have it. Why because the sun sets late and Magic Kingdom closes early.:(

And the music makes me so happy. I think the sound and the lights are in perfect harmony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom