Disappointed with Disney tonight

MCP75inFL

Original Poster
Glad to hear she is doing okay. Hopefully this incident does not sour you or your family on Disney in the future.

Well my youngest and I will be back we are APer's but my oldest doesn't want to go back for a while. She really enjoyed being a "kid" again while taking part in the party activities felt normal again after 8 months of rehab, doctors, hospitals etc.. but it really shook her confidence for the moment.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My son took a nasty fall when he was young at Disney, I too asked for a little bit of assistance and they complied. Unbeknownst to me RC EMTs were also summoned and were there lickity split. They dealt with my DS, we declined to go to the hospital but their help was appreciated.

To me the error that was made was not calling the EMTs for a young guest that lost use of her leg because of an incident at the park. If I was security or a tram attendant I would be fearful of moving a guest let alone a minor that appeared so injured that she lost use of a leg. I would have called the EMTs and let the parent send them away like I did.

CaptainJackNO

More than likely, wdw employees handled it this way due to past lawsuits, recent back surgery, and the potential for the bumpy ride further injuring the spine. This appears to have been influenced by past lawsuits and corporate lawyers.

MCP75inFL

Original Poster
More than likely, wdw employees handled it this way due to past lawsuits, recent back surgery, and the potential for the bumpy ride further injuring the spine. This appears to have been influenced by past lawsuits and corporate lawyers.

No recent surgery just want to clear that up.

Bairstow

It puts Disney in a bit of a bind when you're essentially needing EMS-style care but refuse EMS help.
As others have said, it sounds as if Disney needs to intentionally avoid walking a middle path when it comes to guests who become too injured to walk while at the park.

BrightImagine

Aside from WDW response I am most disturbed that your daughter was pushed down during a trick or treat trail! What a yucky thing to happen. I hope she continues to feel better.

Britt

I don't really understand the complaint, but that's just me. I am sorry for your daughter though. I hope she's better.
I dont think I am either. Why not just push the wheelchair out there? You mention "with a 10 year old following"....the 10 year old was going to have to walk either way, whether you were pushing the wheelchair or the 17 year old was walking.

Im not sure why your almost adult daughter couldn't wait in the main gate area with a CM while you went and got the car?

I hope you're daughter is feeling better!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Once we had a member of my group pass out while walking in Animal Kingdom. The first aid responded with a "golf cart" type vehicle and took her to the first aid station in a wheel chair. There she still could not walk well so the loaded her in a van and drove her to her resort. She was meet in the lobby and put in a wheel chair and taken to her room. The care they gave her was first class all the way. I think the difference was we let Disney hand it from start to finish. I am sure it would have been different if we had ask for a wheel chair and than start using Disney Transpiration.

minniemickeyfan

OP- Sorry this happened to you. Once after going to first aid at DHS, they insisted to have a van from our resort come pick my family and I up and dropped us off right by our room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom