Dirty Rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort?

ryguy

I have stayed at most hotels on property and wanted to try somewhere different. So we decided to stay at the Caribbean Beach this December because we have never stayed there and the price was right. As usual I like to see what others have said about their stay. I have never seen so many mixed reviews about a Disney Hotel. I know most people who review a hotel stay usually have had either a great experience or terrible experience thus prompting a passionate response. One common complaint was that the rooms were dirty. :confused: Normally I take this with a grain of salt because people's standards tend to be different or they have a unreasonable expectation of how clean a hotel really can be. (There's always a few people who pick over everything with a fine tooth comb). However, it seemed to be a common complaint of this hotel. So should I be concerned or is it people just ranting about a bad experience and overreacting. Also does anyone know of any recently updated or spruced up rooms at the resort. Maybe a certain building or section that has been refreshed a bit. Thanks for the info. :wave:
RyGuy

scoop

Dirty Rooms?

I stayed at the Caribbean Beach about 2 years ago. It was perfect! We had no complaints about anything. The rooms were clean and they even left organized our sink area everyday. We asked for extra towels too and we received them with no problem by the cleaning staff.

Upvote 0

Jess_

We've stayed there a couple times... it may not be a deluxe - but it is certainly a very nice resort. Love it! :) We found everything to be as clean as any other hotel on disney property... give it a try... and don't "downgrade" from a deluxe - stay in a value first and then "upgrade" LOL amazing what that'll do for your prospective ;)

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I stayed there this past December. I was kinda dissapointed with the Resort. First off I hated the buses it took forever to get anywhere and to get back to our room. Also I thought the rooms where clean but found the resort grounds to be a little dirty.

Upvote 0

gatordoc

First time we stayed there, there was a problem with bugs in the rooms. Now, I live in Florida, so I'm used to an occasional roach, but this was out of hand. Tried again several months ago, and the room quality was OK, but there was a lot of construction going on, so the outside was quite messy. I was also not very impressed with the bus service. Personally, I think PO is a much better moderate choice.

Upvote 0

GioGoof

I have stayed at this resort more than any other resort on property the last time I was there was in may of this year. I had a really good time, the location is good very close to Epcot, Disney MGM Studios and Downtown Disney. really nice staff working there, never had any problems, the food is the same as any other value or moderate resort, the rooms are nice and clean. the only problem I've had is transportation sometimes is good sometimes its not but dont let that stop you

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

CB is my least favorite moderate resort. IMHO, POR is the best. I have no complaints about the room itself; however, the transportation took a while as we has several stops to pick up and drop off. Also, it was a haul to get from our room to the food court. I just didn't care for the theming of the hotel that much. It's just a matter of personal opinion. One thing that I LOVED about CB was the ability to watch the fireworks from Epcot from outside the food court. That was great.
There's nothing wrong with the resort and I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Upvote 0

beanbunny

Caribbean Beach is our resort of choice - usually a couple times a year. We only had one bad experience the spring of '05. I think we were one of the last rooms to get cleaned - sometimes not til 4:00 :mad: By then I guess the housekeeper was tired 'cause she did a lousy job! So, I guess it all depends - we were there over New Year's and, as usual, the room was kept spotless with extras. We returned one day to find my daughter's stuffed animals neatly sitting on the bed, one with a remote control in its hand, pointed toward the TV with the Disney Cartoon Channel playing! It was so cute!!! So, don't worry, it's a great resort! There can be problems anywhere!!

Upvote 0

Disney MDACK

My family and I have stayed there the last three years and loved it. All of the rooms I have stayed in were not dirty. I have heard complaints of this before but it never happened to me. Watch now that I say this something will go wrong since I am staying there again this year.

Upvote 0

westie

We stayed there last Nov. We always try different resorts since we got the "dirty room" treatment from the Swan of all places! We had bugs in our room to the point of the TV being bombarded by them. Housekeeping did nothing so, I started smashing them wherever I saw them. Walls, mirrors, windows, etc. Last day of the trip we realized they were nesting behind the curtains. But, Carribean was great for us. We stayed in Martinique. Only problem I saw was for the poor folks at the end og the bus line got standing room only a lot. And the wild bunnies were fun!

Upvote 0

Nut4Disney

We stayed at CBR on our honeymoon in 2000 and again in 2003, it was OK in 2000, but in 2003 we noticed that the service of the room was really bad. We've stayed at POR more often and find this far superior to CBR as far as moderates go.

Upvote 0

jooleejul

I stayed at the Caribbean Beach for about a week in March 2005. I loved it. I was hesitant also because I has read so many mixed reviews, but it was wonderful! I stayed in Martinque, which was great - it was the first pick up stop (so you always got a seat) and the first drop off spot. It was also close to the food court. I thought the room was very clean - I had no issues with that. The "mousekeeping" was wonderful, they left towel toys everyday, and arranged them with a stuffed animal I had bought to look like a cute scene. Overall, it was a wonderful place, the only reason I'm not staying there again is because I like to try new places each time. But I would definitely recommend it!

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Caribbean Beach is our resort of choice - usually a couple times a year. We only had one bad experience the spring of '05. I think we were one of the last rooms to get cleaned - sometimes not til 4:00 :mad: By then I guess the housekeeper was tired 'cause she did a lousy job! So, I guess it all depends - we were there over New Year's and, as usual, the room was kept spotless with extras. We returned one day to find my daughter's stuffed animals neatly sitting on the bed, one with a remote control in its hand, pointed toward the TV with the Disney Cartoon Channel playing! It was so cute!!! So, don't worry, it's a great resort! There can be problems anywhere!!

I love CBR. It was the first resort I ever stayed at waaay back in 1991 and I have been back numerous times. Last time I was there was in 2004. We returned everyday to an immaculate room and the stuffed animals watching the Disney Channel, playing games, or numerous towel critters. Ask to stay in Martinique. It is the closest to everything. Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom