Dirty hotel rooms

EvilEmperorZurg

I stayed in the Polynesian Resort this past weekend and when we got to our room it was very dirty. There was a large bag of trash in the room, used soap in the soap dish and shower and papers with hair stuck to it on the nightstand. At $300 + dollars a night we were disappointed to say the least. We call the front desk and the "kid" that answered said I am sorry and we cannot do anything till morning. The next morning we spoke with the manager and she was very nice and gave us %50 off the stay.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
I have stayed at the resorts many times and never have had this happen, especially not at the Polynesian. Has anyone else had this happen to him or her during their stay?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

trainertj

I cant believe something wasnt done ASAP.....one of those times when you should have asked for the "kid" at the front desk's supervisor.
Its a shame when something like that happens, but I always judge a company on how they fix a problem. 50% off sounds good to me!!!

Upvote 0

Nemo14

We've never had a dirty room before, but last year on out last day at POR we woke up to realize that they hadn't cleaned the coffee pot the previous day or left new coffee. when we mentioned it at checkout, they gave us $$$ for breakfast at Boatwright's! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

kbusch

My husband and I satyed at the WL last month and when we got to our room it was similar to your experience. There was a used shower cap in the shower, used soap in the soap dish, an opened carton of milk in the fridge, zip lock bags laying under the bed and night stand, dirt on the bathroom floor.......It was our 1st time staying at the Lodge and had heard so many wonderful things about it, we were a little disappointed at first. When we called down to the front desk they told us that they would put us in another room and "upgrade" us for free to a room with a king bed and walk in shower. When we got back down to the check in counter we had to wait in line to get the new key cards for our new room which was very frustrating. A very nice gentlemen who worked there came up to us while we were waiting in line, we explained our situation and he helped us immediately, got our new key cards to our new room and apologized up & down for the inconvenience. He was very sincere and so apologetic that it made up for the dirty room. Fortunately, the rest of our stay was great with no further problems. The resort is just so beautiful and becuase the situation was handled really well, we will definitely be staying there again.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

My aunt and I both had similar experiences at the Polynesian, and it was a little dirty at the Wilderness Lodge as well. At the Poly, we were at the end of the hallway, and a bag of trash sat outside our door for days. Not inside the room, I know, but close enough, and eww. Also the light fixture cover in the toilet area fell off and almost hit my dad. I complained when I got home and they sent a letter for 10% off our next stay at the Poly. No good unless I can use it over my AP discount. :\

Upvote 0

pager

maelstrom said:
My aunt and I both had similar experiences at the Polynesian, and it was a little dirty at the Wilderness Lodge as well. At the Poly, we were at the end of the hallway, and a bag of trash sat outside our door for days. Not inside the room, I know, but close enough, and eww. Also the light fixture cover in the toilet area fell off and almost hit my dad. I complained when I got home and they sent a letter for 10% off our next stay at the Poly. No good unless I can use it over my AP discount. :\

I would have moved the bag down to the desk and yelled out how do ya like me now.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

Yeah...like any hotel, some of the Disney Magic has worn off since all the cost-cutting went into effect after 9/11. BUT...like any hotel, you need to be assertive about what you want, ask for management when you get line employees at the front desk, and ask for what you want if not satisfied ("I would like a room reduction and immediate cleanup of the filth left in the room at the time of checkin").

Upvote 0

johnvca

Last June my girlfriend and I stayed at the Dolphin and when we woke up the first morning there, our room STUNK of sewerage. We called the front desk and they told us that ours and several other rooms around us were having serious plumbing problems and that the water was being shut off. Fortunately, they moved us to a new room within a few hours. Good thing because the smell was AWFUL :cry:

Upvote 0

Shaman

The reputable hotel chains try fix the issue right away, to make sure they don't make a bad experience even worse (after all that's not the impression they would like to leave in your mind when you leave and/or consider returning), they don't want to lose customers and their future possible business...Disney is an expert at this, most of the time you won't even see a supervisor, or you won't need to wait in line...I have experienced it first-hand...the 50% off and the the room upgrades are perfect examples of the quality customer service at Disney....

Upvote 0

EpcotMark

Well, I got a new room at 2am in the morning when mine was found dirty. So, its not that big a deal. I would send feedback to the general manager just like I did. BY the way, the GM at Polynesian is Dave Venables.:animwink:

Upvote 0

col

when i stayed at PC i got into the room and everything was as it should be -presentable. i pull the covers back and over the sheets on the bed are green and blue marks which i assumed was paint! and after looking all over the bed i see something red which wasnt paint -it looked like dried blood. needless to say i kept well clear of that bed so i slept in the other bed the only one that was clean!!!

i come back to my room early one day and see the maid changing the bed sheets and pillows.

i come back late from a park and walk into my room and by the sink there are my old,wet towels and a bag of rubbish on the floor none of the bins had been emptied none of the wet towels had been taken away. what i always do is put my towels in the big bin by the sink and use the other bin by the table for my rubbish. none of these had been emptied so i left them in a mousekeeping bag on my door handle while i went to the park and they where gone then.

another day i came back from the park and the beds had been tidied, bins emptied but no bags left in them so i got a spare bag from underneath the bin in the bathroom and put that in the bin which was without a bag.

if i hadnt of been so tired from flying i would of gone to the front desk or have phoned mousekeeping and kicked off but i was nackered and couldnt be bothered.

Upvote 0

GoofyMom2

We've had dirty rooms at other very nice hotels outside of Disney, so it happens everywhere.

One thing that happened to us at Disney: Aug 04 we stayed at the Dolphin and we kept having little things happen.....when we asked for extra towels it took 1/2 the day and many calls, our thermostat broke so it was freezing in the room, our safe was locked from the previous guests etc little things. But, each time they gave us hotel credit to use at the in hotel restaurants etc so it really made up for these little inconveniences. We started feeling bad calling! :lol: I almost didn't want to call when the toilet had a problem!

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

I've stayed in Disney resorts many times and never had a problem. Please let them know when you do so they rectify the issue and make any necessary employee changes.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

And I will empahsize that the time to complain is while you're still in the hotel. If you wait until you get home, then call to complain about whatever it was, you have no credibility, and the hotel really has no effective way to make it right.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

col said:
when i stayed at PC i got into the room and everything was as it should be -presentable. i pull the covers back and over the sheets on the bed are green and blue marks which i assumed was paint! and after looking all over the bed i see something red which wasnt paint -it looked like dried blood. needless to say i kept well clear of that bed so i slept in the other bed the only one that was clean!!!

Sounds like you had a lizard in the bed (no kidding)...they are seen more over at the Port Orleans and Key West resorts, but they can get into the sheets. People sit on them, killing them. Most likely on the visit before yours nobody used that bed, and nobody knew. Still, I would immediately call the front desk about that. NOT nice to find anything like that on your bed. Over at Port Orleans, I have made sport of looking for the lizards in the room when I arrive. I am NOT saying there are always lizards in the room, but seeing one just ONCE on your bathtub is enough to make you always check - especially for those of us from climes like Michigan where a two inch lizard in the bath might as well be a 12 foot crocodile...Yuck and double Yuck.

Upvote 0

col

RonAnnArbor said:
Sounds like you had a lizard in the bed (no kidding)...they are seen more over at the Port Orleans and Key West resorts, but they can get into the sheets. People sit on them, killing them. Most likely on the visit before yours nobody used that bed, and nobody knew. Still, I would immediately call the front desk about that. NOT nice to find anything like that on your bed. Over at Port Orleans, I have made sport of looking for the lizards in the room when I arrive. I am NOT saying there are always lizards in the room, but seeing one just ONCE on your bathtub is enough to make you always check - especially for those of us from climes like Michigan where a two inch lizard in the bath might as well be a 12 foot crocodile...Yuck and double Yuck.

i doubt that there was a lizard in any of the beds. the "paint marks" where smudged as if they looked dragged. they where on the pillows, bed sheets and what i assume was blood was on the pillows and sheets aswell. yuck!!

as for the lizard thing i saw loads one the ground floor (my floor) of all star sports, they didnt come into the room, they stay outside and eat the other insects. didnt see any lizards at PC.

i do the insect serch where ever i am especially the bed making sure no insects no matter how small are in my bed, i check all the corners, bathroom. if something like that was to happen put it this way front desk would hear me screaming!

Upvote 0

mickeysgal

The only time I ever had a dirty room was when we checked into the Boardwalk Villas. We had a two bedroom and we were checking out the master bath. There was used soap, the garbage was full and there were wet, dirty towels in the shower. We called the front desk and they sent housekeeping right away. It was kind of weird because we had to sit in the second bedroom until they were down...only about 20 minutes...but it felt like we were kids being banished to our room. Needless to say everything was fine after that. The front desk made the mistake of not seeing that it was only the studio that was cleaned not the one bedroom that makes it a two bedroom. Mistakes happen!

Upvote 0

THECARISMINE

WOW :eek: I never heard of that before the rooms are always spotless when I go to disney and I only stay in Disney hotels But Ever since they changed the Polynesian it seems its been getting bad I miss the old pool and everything:cry: there:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom