"Dirt Mountain"...gone!

jt04

There are many possibilities. You are just assuming your opinion is correct.

Or I'm assuming that any other option is wrong.

In any case, there have been no aerial pictures so there must be a reason. I'm sticking with my opinion as I allow myself the luxury of being wrong. Of course, that is so unlikely. :cool:

Tom

Beta Return
http://twitpic.com/2w6q2p
http://twitpic.com/2w6plb

On my phone but I don't think I see the start of erics castle like that guy posted..

I agree. I haven't seen anything that looks like the start of Eric's castle, which will will sit completely outside the perimeter of the actual show building. I'm not sure it will even contain any steel - perhaps just a couple of concrete or concrete-block turrets built up in front of the show building, surrounded by the faux rock.

The BatB area will, as Lee said, have a forced perspective castle, which will consist of a miniature "top half" of a castle sitting on top of the restaurant building. It will likely be set on top of the finished roof with a crane, in the distant future.

cbconglom

I agree. I haven't seen anything that looks like the start of Eric's castle, which will will sit completely outside the perimeter of the actual show building. I'm not sure it will even contain any steel - perhaps just a couple of concrete or concrete-block turrets built up in front of the show building, surrounded by the faux rock.

The BatB area will, as Lee said, have a forced perspective castle, which will consist of a miniature "top half" of a castle sitting on top of the restaurant building. It will likely be set on top of the finished roof with a crane, in the distant future.

unless the cm from twitter knows something we don't, or can see something we don't then sadly no castle. here was his orginal post yesterday

GDPinvestigator Cody

Fantasyland expansion progress: facade of erics castle beginning to go up, and ride showbuilding has roof taking shape

in other news.. here's some more recent updates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HWDDmcTvvE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0FznIYyYYA&feature=related

JeffH

dirt pile play-yard cut??? Nooooo

...and I've been telling my dd about the exciting giant pile of dirt play-yard Disney was building for her play in, I guess I'll have to tell her that they cut it out of the budget:cry:...I was looking forward to the mud-pit for the 'older' girls to play/fight in.

Tom

Beta Return
...and I've been telling my dd about the exciting giant pile of dirt play-yard Disney was building for her play in, I guess I'll have to tell her that they cut it out of the budget:cry:...I was looking forward to the mud-pit for the 'older' girls to play/fight in.

THAT would be a revenue generator!

jt04

Out of the 7 lands at the MK, 5 of them currently have some kind of work going on in them; pretty extensive I'd say. Great to see so much attention being given to the MK in recent years. :)

My theory is these are not ordinary refurbs but rather expensive in depth projects being done to last. And hopefully a new and effective preventative maintenance program that keeps the MK looking fresh and that does not allow it to become run down again. I'd imagine these refurbs have been very expensive and have been taking up most of any capital available for the parks. But slowly and steadily the ship is being turned around.

Tom

Beta Return
My theory is these are not ordinary refurbs but rather expensive in depth projects being done to last. And hopefully a new and effective preventative maintenance program that keeps the MK looking fresh and that does not allow it to become run down again. I'd imagine these refurbs have been very expensive and have been taking up most of any capital available for the parks. But slowly and steadily the ship is being turned around.

On a related note, SeaCastle made a good point a while back. We're either coming up on, or just passed (can't remember) the end of the the WDW Co's fiscal year.

We went week after week with several building permits being filed every day. Now we're down to only a few days a week, and only a few per day.

Perhaps WDI, Park Ops and Maintenance all looked in their kitty and saw a pile of cash they'd be losing soon - so they all came up with a bunch of projects to use up their budget money before it was taken back.

Michael Scott has taught us what happens when you have a surplus in your budget - you don't get it back next year. Imagine if you had a lemonade stand...

hpyhnt 1000

That is what I am hoping for as well. After years of never seeing any kind of wall within the MK, this new onslot of general area refurbs and minor additions is very welcomed, and hopefully indicative of the future of the park.

Tom

Beta Return

Very nice!

* Foundations have started for the first-floor level of BatB.
* Roof steel is done on Mermaid
* Roof drain piping appears to have been installed from roof to slab level of Mermaid
* Site appears to be almost completely cut to grade, with only one area left open for utility work near the construction wall at the east end.

In photo #7 there is a ~18" diameter white pipe sticking up out of the roof of the existing tunnel area. Looks very much like an AVAC pipe. Anyone know if that's what it is? I can't place where that would have been before things were torn down.

Lee

Adventurer
In photo #7 there is a ~18" diameter white pipe sticking up out of the roof of the existing tunnel area. Looks very much like an AVAC pipe. Anyone know if that's what it is? I can't place where that would have been before things were torn down.
Good question.
Looks to me like it would be right in the middle of the Ariel's Grotto area.
pipeloc.JPG

Tom

Beta Return
Good question.
Looks to me like it would be right in the middle of the Ariel's Grotto area.
pipeloc.JPG

After reviewing some of Scott's last photos, and Bird's Eye, it looks like it would fall in the upper right quadrant of your circle.

From the center of Dumbo, it's on a line that passes over the second roof peak from the right (east) and appears to be about halfway between the fence and the back of the utilidor building.

Heck, maybe it's just a big storm drain pipe. That would be an odd place for an AVAC inlet, no matter where it falls in that area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom