Dinosaur

CoffeeJedi

Well...you know, certain things just bug certain people I guess. :lol: I personally don't like being dropped until my stomach can't take it in an abandoned creppy hotel. Or being pushed out of a 0-60 mph slingshot.
Yeah, with me, its "jump scares". Heck, i was yelping during Snakes on a Plane this weekend. :lol: I still tense up at some of the pop-up ghosts in the HM's attic. But as for thrill rides like Tower of Terror, I was always the guy who waited for the center seat in the back and made sure to loosen the belt and get his arms way up in the air for the photo.

One of the people i'm going with in September can't stand roller coasters where he can see the track. He thinks he'll actually be fine on RnRC with the darkness and without the hill climb. Now figure that one out.....:confused:

CrashNet

Or a realistic 50 foot tall dinosaur springing from the darkness and roaring at full volume in your face from 6 inches away.

Ok, ok, a bit of an exageration i'll admit, but it certainly feels like that when you're on the ride.
Don't forget the blast of air to couple with the giant carnivore leaning down for a quick snack. The ONLY time I have ever screamed on instinct, not by choice. And I'm a guy.

Another member posted what I feel is a good way to look at it. It is going to scare nearly everyone who rides it for the first time. It is an overload to the senses in the beginning, and then it strips away your ability to see where you are going. It is very dark, and it uses the feeling of not being in control very well. However, its a ride I have to ride everytime I visit now. I love it.

As for Jurassic Park and Dinosaur, I have to go with Dinosaur. Dinosaur tricks you into thinking you are at the end and then surprises you. Jurassic Park is slower moving.

gboiler1

As for Jurassic Park and Dinosaur, I have to go with Dinosaur. Dinosaur tricks you into thinking you are at the end and then surprises you. Jurassic Park is slower moving.

To me Jurassic Park scared me more. Probably because of the build up of anticipation of the big plunge, but also that huge T Rex right before you drop.:eek:

In Dinosaur I just grin from ear to ear, its so much fun. I love dinosaurs!

pluto77

It really depends on if you think your kid can handle it. I know that my 7 year old niece would be way too scared to ride it (she can handle Thunder Mountain and other thrill type rides, but she thinks that The Great Movie Ride is the scariest thing at Disney World :lol: ), and my nephew could ride it now that he's 11, but at that age he wouldn't have. However, when I was a CP my aunt and some of my cousins came down, their 4 year old son, who barely made the height requirement, was perfectly fine on it, I don't think it even phased him.

Lucky

The scare factor will bother many but not all 4 year olds. It is a very rough ride, which will affect mainly older people.

figment1985

From a psychologist who works with kids every day -- absolutely NOT! It doesn't matter how well you think you know your child, this is beyond the sensory integration abilities of a 4-year old.

Exactly!!! I agree. I think people make the mistake of thinking their kid is more developed etc, but in all reality you don't know how their mind is turning.

-(future psychologist)

I seriously doubt the ride wiull even be working when you get there. That ride has the WORST track record of running efficiently. I think it wirks .08% of the time. You may not even have to worry about your child riding it. Skip it and spend more time at MK!

sandman50

My then 6yr old rode willingly,but afterwards came out saying I AM NEVER GOING ON THAT AGAIN.
I had her sitting here with me just now and she said her legs were shaking some back then.
We always let her know that the rides are safe and not real life just realistic.
Even so it scared her at the time.
With that said she was sitting here saying to me:Tell him to ride,tell him to ride so he'll get scared.:lol:Don't think there's any permanent damage.
My daughter is small so at 4 she wouldn't have been tall enough but I'm not sure we would have tried it with her at that time.
I'll say what most do,You'll have to make the call.

rich

3fordisney

We were not wanting to take our son on this ride. He begged to ride it because he saw it on the Sing a Long Songs DVD for Animal Kingdom and the kids on it ride it. It does not look bad on the dvd, but is much more intense then they show. He rode it and never wants to ride it again! He has since watched the dvd again and still says he won't ride it. I would avoid it at all cost. It is very intense, especially for a little one. Its very dark, loud and jerky. I would advise against it.

jayjay

Original Poster
My then 6yr old rode willingly,but afterwards came out saying I AM NEVER GOING ON THAT AGAIN.
I had her sitting here with me just now and she said her legs were shaking some back then.
We always let her know that the rides are safe and not real life just realistic.
Even so it scared her at the time.
With that said she was sitting here saying to me:Tell him to ride,tell him to ride so he'll get scared.:lol:Don't think there's any permanent damage.
My daughter is small so at 4 she wouldn't have been tall enough but I'm not sure we would have tried it with her at that time.
I'll say what most do,You'll have to make the call.

rich

Thanks Rich. We always tell him to try a new experience once, and if he doesn't like it, he doesn't need to do it again. Usually, he loves it!! I guess I have to wait until we get there and we ride it ourselves. But thanks for the info.

jayjay

Original Poster
I want to thank everyone for replying to this post. I know that this is alittle tough because each child is different. I think we are going to ride it ourselves first, and then go from there. I have talked to my son about this ride, and that it is in the dark and loud. The dark doesn't phase him. Our rule, if we think he is ready, is try it once. If you don't like it, you don't have to do it again. He has ridden rollercoaster that are in the dark, as well as water slides that are in the dark. The bumping may be an issue, but the loudness can be. I think after riding the riding the ride, we think he would be able to handle it, we will put cotton in his ears, and see what happens. However, if we think that he cannot handle it, we will not push it. We are not the kind of parents that will put platform shoes on him so that he will be big enough for the rides, and we try to be careful. Even though he is physically big enough, I do know that he may not be emotional big enough. Thank you sooooo much for trying to help me. Hearing all of your comments does help.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom