Dinosaur VS Jurrasic Park River Adventure

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
Ive been on Dinosaur twice and Jurrasic Park River Adventure only once.. but from what I remember of both.. it seems that Disney has come up very short on their Dinosaur ride vs Universals Dinosaur based Jurrasic Park River Adventure ride.

Does anyone else feel this way? From the animatronics to effects to big ending.. Jurrasic Park just seems to have more Disney quality than Dinosaur does. Or is my memory failing me?

WDWFantasmic

I always find DINOSAUR to be more thrilling in that it keeps you in suspense. When I rode JP, it seemed kind of dull except for the big drop. As for the animatronics, they looked really similar but the Carnotaur scared the heck out of me as compared to the T-rex which didn't scare me at all. Personally, I like the theme of Jurassic Park but prefer the ride layout for DINOSAUR.

zone15int

ssidiouss@mac.c said:
Ive been on Dinosaur twice and Jurrasic Park River Adventure only once.. but from what I remember of both.. it seems that Disney has come up very short on their Dinosaur ride vs Universals Dinosaur based Jurrasic Park River Adventure ride.

Does anyone else feel this way? From the animatronics to effects to big ending.. Jurrasic Park just seems to have more Disney quality than Dinosaur does. Or is my memory failing me?

IMO Dinosaur has better audio animatronics and more of them as well. The ride system for Dinosaur is more high tech (at least for 1995). I do enjoy the JP River Adventure more though. That T Rex is really freaky and the ride photo opportunity is better. It gets the honor of being the only ride pic of me with an actual look of terror on my face.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
WDWFantasmic said:
I always find DINOSAUR to be more thrilling in that it keeps you in suspense. When I rode JP, it seemed kind of dull except for the big drop. As for the animatronics, they looked really similar but the Carnotaur scared the heck out of me as compared to the T-rex which didn't scare me at all. Personally, I prefer the theme of Jurassic Park but like the ride layout for DINOSAUR.

You think Dinosaur has a better big dino at the end? I thought Jurassics was better at the end.. but its been so long since I been on it. I really have to ride it again to see if it stands the test of time.

WDWFantasmic

The Carnotaurus was much scarier IMO because I felt like it was right in front of me and about to eat me up.:eek: The T-rex looked kind of odd and skinny so it didn't really scare me.:lol:

surfsupdon

The finale with the T Rex, the drop, and the photo combine for a very real on ride photo. That's the only ride I have been on where the on ride photo is taken at a truly terrifying spot. That first time my fmaily rode it, we all did have looks of fright. It was so relaistic and fun!!

I like Dinosaur better overall b/c it's fast and jerky. And I like the time tunnels.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
WDWFantasmic said:
The Carnotaurus was much scarier IMO because I felt like it was right in front of me and about to eat me up.:eek: The T-rex that went though the roof was scary but too far away to scare me.

Lol haha yes your right.. the Carnataurus was real low about to eat the riders.. that was a cool experience.

Mecha Figment

the last two times i rode Jurassic Park The Trex was either not working or not there. It really was anticlimatic.

I've never screamed so much in my life on anything else except Dinosaur.

last time i rode jurassic park only a couple of the dinosaurs where working and there skin on there head was torn off and you could see all of the wiring, also the trex was not working.:lol: Dinosaur is a way more thrilling ride to me than jurassic park. GO DINOSAUR:sohappy:

Halfling418

I love them both! It's somewhat hard to compare, one being a rough, jumpy, ride on a track and the other being a flume ride. They both have dinos, but one is related to the semi computer animated film Dinosaur and the other to Jurassic Park.

I have a strange dinosaur obsession, so I'm thrilled to go on either--though I always get a bit nervous before the big drop on the Jurassic Park River Adventure.

I personally was horribly disapointed by JP. For a movie that good, the ride should have been ten times better. Dinosaur still scares the crap outta me everytime I ride it, which is often. It's doubtful that I will even ride JP next time I go to IOA. The drop is decent I will agree, but for a movie like JP, it should have been really fast paced and scary. This is just a really random topic, but I must bring it up. The JP building (I can't remember the name), where you go inside and see all the eggs and everything, I remember going in there and it smelling TERRIBLY. Anyone else experience this?

bearwy

dinosaurs

I think the Dinosaur ride at AK is much better. I even like it better than the Indy ride at Disneyland. Jurrasic park, although better in Florida as opposed to California, doesn't have the pacing or the adventure quality in the story line.

Mecha Figment

adamthegetupkid said:
I personally was horribly disapointed by JP. For a movie that good, the ride should have been ten times better. Dinosaur still scares the crap outta me everytime I ride it, which is often. It's doubtful that I will even ride JP next time I go to IOA. The drop is decent I will agree, but for a movie like JP, it should have been really fast paced and scary. This is just a really random topic, but I must bring it up. The JP building (I can't remember the name), where you go inside and see all the eggs and everything, I remember going in there and it smelling TERRIBLY. Anyone else experience this?

sorry, that was me. My bad. (don't eat the brontoburritos)

imagineer boy

Both are good in their own ways. Jurrassic Park has some better theming, while Dinosaur has better and scarier animatronics hands down. If Jurassic Park and Dinosaur combined into one, just think of the possibilities. I never liked the whole river boat cruise story for Jurassic Park, so maybe it could be EMV tour jeeps going through a dark and stormy jurassic park where all the dinosaurs have escaped. That would be excelent.

CTXRover

Considering Dinosaur, well techincally the CTXRover vehicle, is the inspiration for my username, I may be a bit biased, but I think Dinosaur is a much better ride. Beyond the really cool T-rex animatronic at the end, the rest of JPRA's dinos look cheap and they move like they were cheap. I remember the first time I rode it looking over to my brother in surprise at how bad the first brontosauras (or whatever its name is ) looked. It looked and moved like a crane covered with Dino skin...and it still does. The rest of the dinos in JPRA also have very limited movement, if any at all. It could be the slow moving ride vehicles, but I've always thought the skins on them looked fake and rubbery....and many a times I've seen the dinos with their "skin" tearing at the seams.

In comparison, there are several dinos in Dinosaur that move with exceptional speed....particulary the first dino that pushes the tree over, the one dino that eats the other, the "long neck" and all three carnotauras encounters. Its probably the speed or lighting of the ride, but they look a lot more "real" to me.

For overall enjoyment, Dinosaur takes the top prize for me as well. Its quicker, more thrilling, scarier, and overall more exhilarting than JPRA. The JPRA has some nice theming in the first part of the ride, but once you enter the building, its pretty much a disappointment until the T-Rex scene.

Don't get me wrong, I think JPRA is a very good ride and always go on at least twice on my visits to IOA. I just thought Dinosaur was better fron the get-go. Could also be the fact that USH has a much better version of the JPRA in comparison to the IOA one as well.

sgmco

Mecha Figment said:
just a question about jurassic park is this the ride they have out in hollywood as well?

Yep. The JPRA in Orlando is slightly different, though, especially at the end. In Hollywood, just before you come up to the drop, you see a long waterfall that parts to reveal a full-sized T-Rex, which lunges at you. Orlando dispensed with that to have just a head chomping at you just as you drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom