DINOSAUR! Tokyo

mikemclaughlin

Original Poster
Sorry to start a new thread, but i couldn't find one it fits in!!

Does Tokyo have an attraction like DINOSAUR? as on the website they have a picture of some people in a CTX Rover and a dinosaur there!

Any ideas?? I cant seem to find a textual reference to it!!

CaptainMichael

mikemclaughlin said:

Does Tokyo have an attraction like DINOSAUR? as on the website they have a picture of some people in a CTX Rover and a dinosaur there!

Indiana Jones Adventure. There are no dinosaurs, but I do believe there are snakes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s Temple of The Cyrstal Skull - almost the same as (but I can`t say how close) to Californias Forbidden Eye.

Jorn2005

marni1971 said:
It`s Temple of The Cyrstal Skull - almost the same as (but I can`t say how close) to Californias Forbidden Eye.

The lay-out of the attraction is the same, but some of the special effects were changed due to different laws in Japan. You can read a nice article about all the Disney-Indiana Jones attractions on the official Indiana Jones website:

http://www.indianajones.com/community/news/f20040525/index.html

Japanse building regulations prevent an indoor fire effect, so they had to come up with something else. Instead of the large fireballs, they have installed a vortex simulator (much like the Twister attraction in the Universal parks) and some other new stuff. I believe the story has a different twist as well, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Hope this helped...?

Tim G

mikemclaughlin said:

Huh!!

Tokyo?? Dinosaur??

Not to my knowledge... :)

The Genii

While Dinosar and Indiana Jones Adventure share the same ride system and vehicles, the track layout is not the same.

Yes, Indy in Tokyo is different than in Anaheim. Yes, there are no fire (pyro) effects. The entire motif is also different: in Tokyo it's an Aztec temple. The crystal skull is small when you see it, and not nearly as impressive as the gigantic face of Mara. The ride suffers because of this, as well as because of the loss of pyro effects. The greatest problem is that the soundtrack is different. The second you enter the main room in the temple, the music stops and does not start again until you've left that room. This greatly weakens the effect of the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom