Do you like Dinosaur the ride in AK?

• Yes! One of my favorites!

Votes: 183 79.6%
  • No! I'll pass.

Votes: 47 20.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kucarachi

As far as being worth it...its free with park admission so your not really risking anything other than your manhood (or girl power whatever you want to call it)
Although it can ruin a little kid for the rest of the day or on any ride that gets dark the rest of the trip....so know your kid before you think it will be fun for them.

cococola44

Original Poster
As far as being worth it...its free with park admission so your not really risking anything other than your manhood (or girl power whatever you want to call it)
Although it can ruin a little kid for the rest of the day or on any ride that gets dark the rest of the trip....so know your kid before you think it will be fun for them.

YEa but based on some of the comments above...they didn't really know

toriihunter

Dinosaur is one of my favorite rides at Disney World. I love the dark, and the rush of the whole thing. I think it will soon become a classic.:D

disneygirl1

Love Dinosaur! This is one of my "Must Do Attractions" everytime I visit AK. I have to admit though, I am such a baby! I don't think I have ever kept my open during the enite ride! :lol:

Jellyfish

Dinosour, is that the one where you go to find that dinasaur thing?

If it is that terrified me, and i like rides. I don't see how thats a ride for kids. Its really uncomfortable all the rocking as well and the amount of kids that came out of there crying was worrying.

But my brother (12) and Dad liked it. Me and Mum stayed outside whilst they went a second time :lol:

mickeymaniacs

We love this ride! My 8 year old son and my 60 year old mother both think it is a blast! It really has a great sound system and the dinosaurs are awesome! My son's favorite part was the"big one eating the little one" as he says. If you don't mind the fact that it's loud( which I like) then it's really a blast.:p

AEfx

I love it. I don't get the comparisons to Indy, it's just the superficial shell that's the same. I agree, many of the effects in Indy are more visually stunning in an Epic way, but Dinosaur also has the dark and initimacy that Indy doesn't give. It also doesn't have the whole "beasties in the dark" scare factor.

Dinosaur is easily in my WDW top 5. Many days I just go to AK for an hour or two to walk around, and Dinosaur is the only attraction I actually do.

Could it be better? Sure, but I think it does what it was intended to and even after knowing every beat of the ride by heart I still find it pretty exciting. (Especially when certain dinos are operating in a different way than normal, or when they bring in the replacement for the running Carnotaur when he's out on rehab - man, the first time I saw the replacement when I was expecting the normal one I almost jumped out of the car ROFL).

AEfx

Dayma

I personally love the ride. The only thing I wish they would do sometimes is slow down to enjoy the scenes.

JDM

Awesome, awesome, awesome!!

This "over 30 or so" father LOVED Dinosaur. One of my top two in all of Disney! (Haunted Mansion will never be dethroned!)

ENJOY!

Kwit35

I have never had the chance to experience Dinosaur. I have a 7 year old daughter. When we go to Disney we only ever go for 1 or 2 days (have family in Tampa). Obviously, if we only get 1 day, my daughter is going to choose MK or Epcot every time. We have hopped over to DAK just to see the Lion King show, but that is it. I would love to try this ride and EE, and Kali as well. (along with Tower of Terror)
I would love to get to the parks, just once, by myself so that I can go on all the rides my family won't do.

mhead

Pass.

I don't like this ride. I love the Indiana Jones Adventure in Disneyland; however, this ride is couldn't hold a candle to it. Despite the fact that they share the same ride vehicles they are nothing alike. IJA is exciting. I find Dinosaur to be very uninteresting. There is something about swirling fiber optics and jiggly AA's that make this ride cheezy and droll.

Agree 100%. Dinosaur is also just too rough to have any real fun.

Chu-Chi Face

Took my Mum on it last April (she does not usually like ride) - she LOVED it! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: She made us all ride it 3 times in a row & still wanted more. It made me howl with laughter. Mum says Dinosaur rocks!!!!!

gettingsmaller

I have never had the chance to experience Dinosaur. I have a 7 year old daughter. When we go to Disney we only ever go for 1 or 2 days (have family in Tampa). Obviously, if we only get 1 day, my daughter is going to choose MK or Epcot every time. We have hopped over to DAK just to see the Lion King show, but that is it. I would love to try this ride and EE, and Kali as well. (along with Tower of Terror)
I would love to get to the parks, just once, by myself so that I can go on all the rides my family won't do.

A little off topic, but if you go to DAK and don't see Finding Nemo the Musical, you don't know what you are missing. My family LOVED it (wife, kids 4,6,8).

DINOSAUR, on the other hand... my kids are too scared of it. I think it's okay, and would like to ride it with my wife. Riding with scared kids that you're trying to keep from jerking around too much is just not very fun, though. So, my input is: Fun, but not necessary.

My 2 oldest loved Everest, BTW. Roller coasters they can do, dark and scary they don't do so well...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom