Dinosaur has seen better days

bryanfze55

Disney just doesn't have the staff they need to maintain rides. The options are close the ride and work on it or let it run as is. They're not going to close a ride for a substantial amount of time just to get a few things working. I believe this is also why we see so many projected effects now. Unless there is a catastrophic malfunction, they don't care.
Why don’t they have the staff, though? Is it a genuine labor shortage, or is Disney complacent with less staffing given how much it adds to profits? Basically, how hard are they actually trying to get more maintenance staff?

I have a hard time believing the labor shortage theory… people aren’t still living on their $1,000 stimmy checks. Where’d they go?

Disstevefan1

Why don’t they have the staff, though? Is it a genuine labor shortage, or is Disney complacent with less staffing given how much it adds to profits? Basically, how hard are they actually trying to get more maintenance staff?

I have a hard time believing the labor shortage theory… people aren’t still living on their $1,000 stimmy checks. Where’d they go?
They laid off he guy who knew how to fix this stuff via email at the start of the pandemic. It turned out good for him though, he got a better job someplace else...

Disstevefan1

Unless Disney is the actual worst employer in the Orlando metropolitan area, they should have found his replacement by now.
A replacement for sure, the institutional knowledge is gone forever....

I am sure when TWDC sent out the lay off emails they were thinking, "no worries we can eventually hire 'a qualified replacement' to maintain the Dinosaur attraction. How hard could it be after all?"

SplashJacket

Original Poster
At this point change it back to CTE. Nobody even remembers the movie tie in at this point.
Get rid of the bad movie overlay, remove the terrible pre-show, add an on-ride soundtrack, create the original concept for the big area like Indy. Light the place up more. Add more Dinos of interest.

Has a lot of unfulfilled potential.

Animal Kingdom needs more rides.

Not attractions. Rides rides rides!

DisneyDebRob

As long as Chappie is in charge, this is SOP…now reservations for park hopping…I’ve never seen a company so concerned about its “woke” standing on the national and international stages and yet don’t care AT ALL about a third of their business i.e. the theme park division…someone should make it a priority to bring it up with Chapek at D23…embarrass him live on stage…
I’ve said it before and I’ll say in again…Joe Rhode was soooo right in getting out while he did.
I live 20 minutes from Six Flags in NJ…quite honestly, Disney isn’t looking much better these days.
Im not defending Disney at all with a lot of whats said here but i also live about a half hour from 6 flags NJ. Im hoping you were being sarcastic because 6 flags cant hold a candle to anything Disney has. Its a dump park. Even with so many problems in Disney, the 2 parks cant even ge put in the same sentence.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A replacement for sure, the institutional knowledge is gone forever....

I am sure when TWDC sent out the lay off emails they were thinking, "no worries we can eventually hire 'a qualified replacement' to maintain the Dinosaur attraction. How hard could it be after all?"
I think they honestly thought most of those furloughed would come back, no questions asked.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Dinoland is in desperate need of a refurb so they could retheme it as South America and turn Dinosaur into Mirabel’s Encanto Adventure.
Go Away GIF

😁

Smiley/OCD

Im not defending Disney at all with a lot of whats said here but i also live about a half hour from 6 flags NJ. Im hoping you were being sarcastic because 6 flags cant hold a candle to anything Disney has. Its a dump park. Even with so many problems in Disney, the 2 parks cant even ge put in the same sentence.
Obviously I’m being a little facetious…ok, a lot, but my point is that the vast difference is getting closer on a regular basis and it’s not that Six Flags is getting better, it’s that Disney is getting worse.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If they have recall rights, then my presumption would be they would have used them at this stage.
Most moved on and told Disney to take a long walk off a short pier. They found better jobs with better pay and better working conditions.

Meanwhile, Disney continues to believe that increasing pay is a long-term liability that outweighs the benefits of attracting better quality people. 🤦‍♂️

Tom Morrow

More rides than not at WDW are in an embarrassing condition. UOR is much, much better at maintaining ride show elements.

That said, WDW shines in one area - the parks themselves still look great. It's just you ride the attractions and you can tell they don't care.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom