Dinosaur Carnotaurus

Cmdr_Crimson

Discotaurus?

Ah Ah Ah Ah Broken Effects Broken Effects..
dinodisco.jpg

matt9112

Has that ever been used?

They already have the static carnotaur head on a pole for that specific purpose.

on our last ride they had the non moving stick but just after the static was a scrim of sorts with just like the face...i believe right before you go "down" the time travel tunnel the static is off to the side i believe and the scrim im refering too blocked the area where the normal AA takes his last chomp i believe?

Bairstow

on our last ride they had the non moving stick but just after the static was a scrim of sorts with just like the face...i believe right before you go "down" the time travel tunnel the static is off to the side i believe and the scrim im refering too blocked the area where the normal AA takes his last chomp i believe?

Was it on the left or the right?

Cmdr_Crimson

It's interesting to see how Really BIG the last Carnotaurous is before the Drop..
maxresdefault.jpg

CTX_02.jpg

celluloid

The size of the last head is intentional. It enhances the head chopper effect of the last dive into the fog and re-entry time tunnel by using the large scale of the head as a perspective illusion.

SoccerMickey

That is really cool. I kind of remember the laser net being flashed on the Iguanadon and I remember when the compsognathus used to hop over the cars. I also remember the final carnotaurus not being there when I was there for resort guest preview. Then shortly after the park opened you could see it was there but not lit (I also thought it was moving) then a few months later it was pretty much the effect we see today. I would love to see the scrim that was mentioned earlier. Any pics of video available anywhere?? Also the on board ride pic was kind of funny when I went on when they were using the little one on the stick. I didn't see it and everyone in the picture is looking left and I'm looking right with a puzzled look on the face wondering where the big Dino is

Cmdr_Crimson

I didn't see it and everyone in the picture is looking left and I'm looking right with a puzzled look on the face wondering where the big Dino is

I did this once...And the time I did it I made it look like I was terrified and pointing to the right..When I saw the guests looking at the ride photo I heard a few say..."I wonder what was over there...I gotta ride it again to find out!"

Kitty17794

I'm sure they are just fixing him. Last time I rode in Sept, everything else looked really good, like they had been doing some work in there. So hopefully this is just a final phase of that! *fingers crossed*

Jeff456

Rode this today small static Carnotaurus on the left still, asked the cm what had happened with main anamatronic he confirmed it was being fixed but said they'd be the last to know when that was!
Is the final huge Carnotarus head meant to move? It is that huge rubber one still I swear it used to move although I haven't seen it move my last few trips?
Other than that the ride was looking great except for the pterodactyl is still static but I think it has been for a number of years?

Bairstow

Is the final huge Carnotarus head meant to move? It is that huge rubber one still I swear it used to move although I haven't seen it move my last few trips?

No, it's always been static, and was actually a last-minute, if not after-the-bell request to the fabrication company that made them.

mikenatcity1

When I rode it a couple weeks ago I was excited to finally see the fixed version. The picture of me when it wasn't is of disgust and shock. I love this attraction, but it seems to get forgotten about more than others. I sure hope it's fixed when I go back in December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom