Dino to Dragon

CTXRover

Originally posted by objr
When you put it that way it almost make Dino Rama ok...the only problem is the attractions aren't all that great at Dino Rama....so I think for now its good...but as the years pass the waste of space meter will rise on Dino Rama...unless they put something worth riding there in the future. Thats just my opinion though.

I think as we AK gets more new attractions, Dinorama! will be considered a funny, quaint little area. Heck, I feel it will become that when EE is finished. Think about it, the park will have a 110 acre safari ride, a fantastic 4D show, a white-water river ride, a thrilling Dino ride and a 200 foot tall recreation of the mighty Everest Mountain. Dinorama! sort of is a nice distraction from these "big" attractions. It was (is) the center of attention because it is the newest thing there. But realistically, its just a little, brightly colored, funny area in a park that is surrounded with some pretty heavy, serious themes (i.e. the whole save our environment thing). I think it fits perfectly in Dinoland. Granted, I wasn't thrilled with the look at first, but it has really grown on me and I like it a lot now.

But back on topic, I too wondered how the walking dino strapped to a flower cart would fit into Dinoland's overall theme. I do like though the idea of making Lucky into some sort of Dragon. That would make the whole wizard thing make more sense.

meeko_33785

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
(not if you made it into Aladar) :lookaroun

(don't you bring him back with you when you get blasted to present time?)

I agree, if it were Aladar, it would fit great with the theming, but he would have to be somewhere in the post-show area for the attraction. Imagine how confusing it would be to be heading over to ride the attraction in which you will bring Aladar back to the modern world and then see him roaming the land before bringing him back.

WDWFREAK53

I agree...but if there was a way to have him inside the actual ride building...roaming around....

(but then again...Aladar wouldn't have a big cart on his back :lol: )

Disneynutcase

I think this whole conversation about adding the free-roaming anamatronic to Dinoland and possibly the Dinosaur ride is why this dragon rumor now exists.

To have an Aladar roaming about Dinoland--even if it's somehow part of or added to Dinosaur!--will either cause huge bottle-necks of people wanting to see it, or it will create a second Dinosaur anamatronic attraction for the area. The only nice thing about doing the latter--a second anamatronic Dinosaur attraction--is that it will provide a far less intense experience that will provide younger guests--usually those who dig dinosaurs most--a non-scary dinosaur encounter.

But if Disney opted to do this--place the free-roaming animatronic in Dinoland as a newfangled meet and greet--isn't this virtually the same as the dinosaur encounter thing in the Jurassic Park section of IOA?

Makes more sense to make the thing be a dragon and create a show or some kind of interactive attraction out of it. Plus AK is about due to change it's less popular shows. And my vote (if it means anything) is to start with Pocahontas--not my favorite Disney character (she's just so humorless and severe) and not a very engaging show in my opinion.

Plus Camp Minnie-Mickey can't keep relying on the Lion King Show as it's main (and in my opinion ONLY) draw. It's a great show, probably the best on WDW property, but after you've seen it a couple of times, it becomes skippable.

The dragon rumor makes total sense. If it goes into Camp M-M, it will help spread the crowds out, putting key (or at least new) attractions at various corners of the park...which, to me, is better than what's going on over at Epcot lately. One of the world's biggest themeparks acreage-wise and the two newest attractions sit side-by-side.
:brick: :confused:

meeko_33785

Originally posted by Disneynutcase
I]Makes more sense to make the thing be a dragon and create a show or some kind of interactive attraction out of it. Plus AK is about due to change it's less popular shows. And my vote (if it means anything) is to start with Pocahontas--not my favorite Disney character (she's just so humorless and severe) and not a very engaging show in my opinion.

I agree that I don't think I would miss the Pocahontas show if they replaced it with a show with the AA dragon, but I think the problem with doing that is that it will reduce the number of attractions in the park. Already people are complaining that there are not enough things to do in the parks, so taking out an attraction and replacing it with something new might not be too great of an idea. I think it would be better to make a completely new attraction for the dragon. (And as for Pocahontas being so humorless and severe, IMO, she is not like that at all in the film. She has a very playful spirit and a sence of humor. The show at AK and the video sequel don't present this as well, but she is quite dar from being "severe".)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom