Dino to Dragon

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
At jim hill media,there is a new article on what's going to happen to lucky when he goes to DAK.Lucky will become a purple baby dragon:cough:figment:cough: and will costar with Merlin in a new show at camp minnie mickey.

Lee

Adventurer
Jim's right on the money when he calls this story "water-cooler" talk at WDI.

Sounds like a plan to me though.

Shaman

Originally posted by Lee
Jim's right on the money when he calls this story "water-cooler" talk at WDI.

Sounds like a plan to me though.

The question is can they justify calling this thing a "show" when all they are really doing is an exhibition of Lucky...you don't need a stage for that.....maybe they should take a page from toon town and just build the cottage next to some cave or what not where you have a meet and greet with lucky and merlin.

I would love BK to finally be in the works...and maybe this is the first step...but perhaps they should build BK near Everest on that side of the park.....that way they have more space to work with.....just a thought.

Or maybe Lucky will still be a Dino when all is said and done...who knows? :lookaroun

General Grizz

Figment?! :lol:

I was talking to a person who worked has friends in WDI...apparently, Everest took years to design, and was originally designed to be put in World Showcase.

meeko_33785

Having Lucky be a dragon insteed of a dinosaur might be cool. A dino would be nice, but it kind of clashes with the theme of Dinoland being present day and would be very problamatic with the whole plot of DINOSAUR. Whichever way it goes, dino or dragon, I'm looking forward to it. I think it will make a nice addition to AK's managerie, if you will.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Well if you look at it, theyve got a cave at DAK right now. Remember the old boat ride they had, and that dragon cave? It could work if they redid that area....turned that area into a little island and all. But Merlin? I dunno, Dino or dragon, still doesnt seem that Merlin would fit over there.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I was talking to a person who worked has friends in WDI...apparently, Everest took years to design, and was originally designed to be put in World Showcase.

Kinda...
but only to the extent that Everest is going to use some of the same story and show elements that were proposed for the never-built Matterhorn that was to go in World Showcase or, at one time, at the studios.

Snapper Bean

Why the Jim Hill bashing on this one? Seems to me that the original poster on this thread is pretty much misrepresenting the article. Mr. Hill makes it clear that this is the hope of certain imagineers at WDI and NOT "what's going to happen." Seems to me that Mr. Hill has properly "caveated" his piece.

FigmentJedi

Original Poster
Listen,I'm just saying theres a good shot at this idea happening because it can't be that expensive to convert Lucky into a photorealistic figment.That and Pocahantas hasn't been doing well anyway.

TrevEG

Originally posted by meeko_33785
Having Lucky be a dragon insteed of a dinosaur might be cool. A dino would be nice, but it kind of clashes with the theme of Dinoland being present day and would be very problamatic with the whole plot of DINOSAUR. Whichever way it goes, dino or dragon, I'm looking forward to it. I think it will make a nice addition to AK's managerie, if you will.

What about that horrid looking dino-rama? If that doesnt clash with the theme of extinct dinosaurs then I don't know what does. :lol:

meeko_33785

Originally posted by TrevEG
What about that horrid looking dino-rama? If that doesnt clash with the theme of extinct dinosaurs then I don't know what does. :lol:

Dino-Rama fits in with theme theme of Dinoland very well. First of all, it is themed to the present day (or at least modern times) like DINOSAUR, Restaurantasaurus, and the Boneyard are. It also does what the land is set out to do, celebrate America's love for Dinosaurs. Lucky, however, is certainly not a creature of modern times and having him be able to be seen in the land would put plot holes into the DINOSAUR attraction.

Shaman

Dino-Rama fits in with theme theme of Dinoland very well. First of all, it is themed to the present day (or at least modern times) like DINOSAUR, Restaurantasaurus, and the Boneyard are. It also does what the land is set out to do, celebrate America's love for Dinosaurs. Lucky, however, is certainly not a creature of modern times and having him be able to be seen in the land would put plot holes into the DINOSAUR attraction.

When you put it that way it almost make Dino Rama ok...the only problem is the attractions aren't all that great at Dino Rama....so I think for now its good...but as the years pass the waste of space meter will rise on Dino Rama...unless they put something worth riding there in the future. Thats just my opinion though.

WDWFREAK53

and would be very problamatic with the whole plot of DINOSAUR.

(not if you made it into Aladar) :lookaroun

(don't you bring him back with you when you get blasted to present time?)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by objr
When you put it that way it almost make Dino Rama ok...the only problem is the attractions aren't all that great at Dino Rama....so I think for now its good...but as the years pass the waste of space meter will rise on Dino Rama...unless they put something worth riding there in the future. Thats just my opinion though.

I heard the new attraction for Dino-Rama will be the Brontosaurus Egg Scrambler...

(normal scrambler ride...but you sit in eggshells...and you revolve around a brontosaurus neck...with head on top) :lookaroun

meeko_33785

Originally posted by objr

I never said the rides were good, I just said it fits with the theming of the land. Personally, besides Primevial Whirl, I don't particularly care for the attractions either. The theming is kind of fun, but to make it a worth-while place to visit, they will have to add another good attraction there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom