Dinning suggestions (help)

hnp929@optonlin

Original Poster
Looking for suggestions!!!! We have two open nights to book dinner and wonder if you have ideas to share. We are already booked in Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, California Grill, Brown Derby:slurp: .I am going with Myself my wife ,son(6 years old) and mother-in law ( a little older than 6):lol: Thanks alot .we are going aug 18-28.we are also doing the dining plan

WIX

My husband and I have to hit Fulton's Crab House every time. It is not on the dining plan and depending on your budget, can be pricey. Also, the Prime Time Cafe is really fun. As is Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL.

cdunbar

Maybe Liberty Tree Tavern in MK everyone says its awesome, umm Alfredo's in World Showcase maybe, if u like Mexican try San Angel in Mexico, umm umm lemme see a personal favorite of mine is Concourse Steak House I mean unless you only want one red meat that week, or Coral Reef in the Living Seas. Cinderellas castle has awesome atmosphere but the food is just ok... I'll get back to u if I think of anything else:rolleyes:

VoiceGuy07

First, I consider included in everyone but don't think Liberty Tree Tavern is all that great, we ate there last fall - no big whoop! Family enjoys Boma, Ohana's, 50's Primetime Cafe, and Teppanyaki (closed for refurb). Big daddy (myself) can easily do dinner with the family at Citrico's and Flying Fish.

What are you in the mood for? How heavy or how light a meal are you looking for?

Cinderella1976

I would suggest Ohana's @ the Poly for dinner and the Whispering Canyon @ the Wilderness Lodge. If you are looking for somewhere in the parks I would suggest the Liberty Tree Tavern @ the Magic Kingdom. You have some great choices already. Have a good time :wave:

rob45

I would try the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. We ate their twice in 2006, (breakfast, and dinner) and loved it. I feel your children would enjoy this also. I did not care for Le Cellar, it was pricey and the steaks really was not that good. Mexico (San Angel Inn is good) would be my second choice. I found the Liberty Tree Tavern to have a good lunch menu, and the food was great. But! everyone is a critic. Have a great time at the world and try every restaurant you can. That is what I try to do, eat at a differant one each time I go. Tell Mickey I'll see him soon.

shanny

you will be down the same time as us!!! :wave:
we have a ressie for boma, fiance is a steak n tater guy, but ive heard its very very good, and everyone will find something they enjoy. chicken fingers and fries for the little one! :) when are your ressies for le c? ours is on the 20th at 830. see ya there!!!:sohappy:

DiPSU224

We never miss 'Ohana or the San Angel Inn. We tried the Sci-Fi Dine In last trip at MGM and thought it was kinda cute. The food wasn't spectacular, not bad either, but just sandwiches and pasta. But, your son might like eating in the cars. Have fun!

ThinkTink721

Looking for suggestions!!!! We have two open nights to book dinner and wonder if you have ideas to share. We are already booked in Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe, California Grill, Brown Derby:slurp: .I am going with Myself my wife ,son(6 years old) and mother-in law ( a little older than 6):lol: Thanks alot .we are going aug 18-28.we are also doing the dining plan
The Crystal Palace at MK (Pooh & friends):D
Liberty Tree Tavern at MK (Mickey & friends)
'Ohana's at Poly
The Garden Grill at Epcot (Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale):D
Mickey's Backyard BBQ at FW (dinner show only on Thurs. & Sat.) - requires 2 TS credits, but is well worth it!:slurp: :D
Hope this helps!
:wave:

JDM

It's not on the Dining Plan and yes, it's a chain restaurant, but RAINFOREST CAFE at Animal Kingdom was the best meal we had on our trip!
And your 6-year old will love it!

docandsix

Consider Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. The entrees are very good, but be sure to save room for dessert. My kids still rave about it and our last visit was over six months ago.

poohbear6103

We always hit Jiko's. I have never looked at their children's menu but it may be one of those places a 6 year old might find too exotic. It all depends how adventurous they are.
I do agree with others that O'Hana's is a must. That is something the whole family can enjoy.
Not sure if it is on the Dining Plan list but the Hoopty Do Review is great fun. Your 6 year old would probably enjoy that.

jjgoo

I would suggest the San Angel Inn, great food and atmosphere. Also, my wife and I are going to try BOMA which we heard is an excellent place to try. Most of the reviews we have read say it is worth it just for the soup! Both only take one table credit so you are safe there.

Have fun!

hcswingfield

If you can get over to the Wilderness Lodge, your kid would really enjoy the Whispering Canyon Cafe. the food is awesome, too, so the adults will have a good time, too.

Our one "don't miss" restaurant is the 50s Prime Time at MGM. You can't go wrong with any of the restaurants at the World Showcase, but the one that is really fun is the Biergarten at Germany. Try to schedule your lunch when the German band is playing - they have a dance floor and you (or at least your kid) can enjoy some German dancing.

You've already gotten some good suggestions for the Magic Kingdom. We often take a break from that park at mid-day and go to one of the monorail resorts for lunch. Our favorites are the Grand Cafe at the Grand Floridian and the Kona Cafe at the Poynesian. If you eat at the Grand Cafe, order the Grand Sandwich. It's heavenly.

With the Tusker House being renovated, my recommendation for the AK would be Pizzafari. A good selection of sandwiches and pizzas. No reservations needed since it is counter service.

hnp929@optonlin

Original Poster
Thanks Everyone for all your great suggestions.:wave: we are going to sit in the next few days to make plans. Shanny we will be at Le Cellier the same day. Our res is at 5:20.:slurp: Congratulations in advance on your wedding:sohappy:

MSTCrow

I HIGHLY recommend Boma. There's something there for everyone, and the Animal Kingdom Lodge which hosts the restaurant is a site unto itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom