Dinner Shows...

akmr01

Original Poster
any recommendations for evening dinner shows!? Family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 kids age 4 and 2(nearly 3).

tigsmom

We love the Hoop Dee Do Review over at Fort Wilderness. The kids (now 21 & 15) have loved it since they were little; good food, corny jokes & music ...a good family show :king:

captainkidd

Hoop Dee Doo is great the first couple of times. The jokes get old after the 3rd time or so. But it's great fun, especially the 1st time.

The luau at the Poly has a pretty good 2nd half, but the 1st half is so abysmally boring, it's not worth it.

njDizFan

I don't know if there will ever be a concensus but add me to the list of people that love Spirit of Aloha. Took my 4 year old daughter 2 years ago and she still remembers and does the hula.

Hop-de-do, eh not so much.

disneygirl1

If you are going March - December, I recommend Mickey's Backyard BBQ...it was probably our most fun night in Disney ever!

When does the backyard BBQ run till? We are going the 1st week in December and want to do a dinner show, and right now we are leaning toward Hoop Dee Do... I would prefer to do the BBQ however.

When does the backyard BBQ run till? We are going the 1st week in December and want to do a dinner show, and right now we are leaning toward Hoop Dee Do... I would prefer to do the BBQ however.

It runs until the end of December! We were there the 2nd week in December. I can't even tell you how much fun we had! I have never done Hoop De Do though. If you have kids in your party, I would say def. go for BBQ. The chance to dance with Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Chip, & Dale is priceless! I have pics in my album on here if you care to look at them :)

disneygirl1

It runs until the end of December! We were there the 2nd week in December. I can't even tell you how much fun we had! I have never done Hoop De Do though. If you have kids in your party, I would say def. go for BBQ. The chance to dance with Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Chip, & Dale is priceless! I have pics in my album on here if you care to look at them :)

Oh fun!!! We have two kids in our party... They will be 8 and 9 at the time of our visit. Man, now I'm torn on what one to do!

stlbobby

The Hoop-De-Doo is a regular show, while the BBQ is more participatory. It is less a show than an immersive party experience. Both are great.

Andrew54

Hoop-De-Doo is the best...even though ive never been to the BBQ... I doubt Disney World BBQ has anything on real Texas BBQ anyway.

lbrad

Oh fun!!! We have two kids in our party... They will be 8 and 9 at the time of our visit. Man, now I'm torn on what one to do!

DH & I (with our 3 children) - have been to ALL of the dinner shows.
We have loved every one of them!
Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a lot of fun IF you like to dance! If your children are not ones that will get up from their seats & dance with the characters...DO NOT go....if they love to party & dance ...GO!!! They will have a blast!
Our daughter definitely had more fun than our sons ...who don't care to dance!

disneygirl1

DH & I (with our 3 children) - have been to ALL of the dinner shows.
We have loved every one of them!
Mickey's Backyard BBQ is a lot of fun IF you like to dance! If your children are not ones that will get up from their seats & dance with the characters...DO NOT go....if they love to party & dance ...GO!!! They will have a blast!
Our daughter definitely had more fun than our sons ...who don't care to dance!

Thanks so much!!! Yes, both of the kids going are far from shy, so I think they would enjoy the BBQ, but I think that they would like the Hoop Dee Do too!!! Decisions, Decisions!!! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom