Dinner First Night?

bubblie

Our disney trip will be 9/21-9/27 (on the Disney meal plan)
Staying at POP
DH, ME, DD-7, DS-2.

I am looking for suggestions as to where to have dinner the first evening?

loriwdunn

Biergarten

My family ate at Biergarten our first night. It was fun, especially if you have kids, because they have live music. Its buffet style, so there is something for everyone.

After dinner we walked around World Showcase and watched the fireworkks. It was a good first night.

Upvote 0

suzq

We went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming and others on our 1st night. Our kids ages2-7, wanted to see some characters but were too tired to do the park thing. This was a good compromise after a long day of travel. Also, try O'Hana's at some point during your trip for dinner. Very good food and the kids were kept entertained with games they do with them......great dinner, especially if you would like to do one without characters. Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

AEfx

It really depends on which park we go to the first night. I have an AP so it's never been hard for me to go to a park the first day, and with the MYW tickets making the difference between days only a few dollars at a certain point, it's worth for many now to get a day-longer pass just to see the fireworks.

If I'm at the MK (as usual) I usually choose 'Ohana. It's a quick ride on the monorail, it's great food (lots of protein!), and if you get MK view it's really magical. If for some reason I choose to stay in the park (MNSSHP, or just shorter hours wanting me not to take the time to leave) LTT always hits the spot for me.

At MGM, it's Brown Derby, baby! If I am spending my first night @ MGM I always do the Fantasmic! package - really helps you get the most out of your time the first day.

Good luck!

AEfx

Upvote 0

Aurora23

We're starting our Disney trip off with a dinner at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. Finishing off the trip with lunch at the 50's Prime Time. Only 160 days to go!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

The 50's Prime Time is a great choice if you are going to be at MGM
For EPCOT either Teppanyaki Grill or Le Cellier are my favorites
Magic Kingdom, Cinderella's Royal Table in the Castle, C'mon what says Disney more than this???
I dont have any favorite sit downs in the Animal Kingdom
For a resort choice O'hanas is always excellent and I had a great time at Chef Mickey's
Hope this helps!! Belle

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Depends on what time you are arriving and what your plans are for your first day!

We're heading straight to the Magic Kingdom on our first day, so made reservations at Tony's Town Square! That will make sure we get there in plenty of time! :lol:

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Nothing is more Disney than the Magic Kingdom and Cinderella's royal table for dinner. You might even be able to catch the fireworks or parade that night.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

MK: Liberty Tree Tavern, or Cinderella's.
EC: LeCellier in Canada or the Rose & Crown in UK.
Disney MGM: Prime Time is a good choice. We also like Sci-Fi Drive In, more for the campy video than the food, actually.
AK: No sit down here unless you want the Rainforest Cafe.

If you're looking for a good hotel meal, Whispering Canyons at WL is fun.

Of course, if you don't mind spending the money: Artist Point at WL, California Grill at Contemporary, Narcoosee's at GF and of course, Victoria and Albert's!

Upvote 0

Space

My favorite place to eat the first night is Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club.
It has tons of seafood, ribs, and more seafood for a very low price at Disney. I think the price is about $25 for adults. It is all you can eat and is has the best mussels and clams.
Dan

Upvote 0

TrentMom

Travel time from hotel to restaurant

TE=suzq]We went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming and others on our 1st night. Our kids ages2-7, wanted to see some characters but were too tired to do the park thing. This was a good compromise after a long day of travel. Also, try O'Hana's at some point during your trip for dinner. Very good food and the kids were kept entertained with games they do with them......great dinner, especially if you would like to do one without characters. Have a great trip![/QUOTE]

Hi. I had a question. My husband and I are taking our son to Disney from Sept. 10 -15th. We are getting into Orlando at 3:30, so we are not going to go to the parks the first day. I booked a character dinner for us at Chef Mickeys at 7:20pm. We are staying at all star movies. What time should we leave the hotel to get to the Contemporary for our priority seating?

We also have a character breakfast booked for us at 9am monday morning at Ohanas. What time should we leave for that one?

Any help would be greatly appreacited

Have a magical day!
Trentmom

34 days to go!!!!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

TrentMom said:
TE=suzq]We went to 1900 Park Fare for dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming and others on our 1st night. Our kids ages2-7, wanted to see some characters but were too tired to do the park thing. This was a good compromise after a long day of travel. Also, try O'Hana's at some point during your trip for dinner. Very good food and the kids were kept entertained with games they do with them......great dinner, especially if you would like to do one without characters. Have a great trip!

Hi. I had a question. My husband and I are taking our son to Disney from Sept. 10 -15th. We are getting into Orlando at 3:30, so we are not going to go to the parks the first day. I booked a character dinner for us at Chef Mickeys at 7:20pm. We are staying at all star movies. What time should we leave the hotel to get to the Contemporary for our priority seating?

We also have a character breakfast booked for us at 9am monday morning at Ohanas. What time should we leave for that one?

Any help would be greatly appreacited

Have a magical day!
Trentmom

34 days to go!!!![/QUOTE]
Give yourself at least one hour to get to the Magic Kingdom and then to take the monorail. You will not need to enter the Magic Kingdom itself so you wont be using a park day, but you take the bus there and get on the monorail all located outside the entrance to the park. You can walk over to the Contemporary although arriving via monorail is very cool. The Polynesian is a bit more of a walk, Id definitely take the monorail for that one. Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom