Dining with Shamu.

Tigerdaly

Original Poster
We are re-visiting the Orlando area in July and are going to have to visit Sea World to get the annual fix.
We are thinking of the "Dine with Shamu" option to shake things up a bit.
Do you get to see Shamu close-up ?, Do you all get a table along-side the rope area as in the piccy ?, Do you get wet ? ,and is it worth the money for the meal and the atmosphere.
I look forward to your views before I book.
Happy Mousing and Whaling.

Pongo

You don't get wet. You sit at tables that are along the backstage aquarium where the whales stay between shows. It's pretty nice. The food is pretty good. It wasn't quite what I expected, but it was still fun. I think the experience mainly depends on where you're sitting.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Tigerdaly said:
Do you get to see Shamu close-up ?, Do you all get a table along-side the rope area as in the piccy ?
I seem to remember that not all tables are next to the ropes - As tables are allocated prior to arrival some folk get a slightly better view than others.

Do you get wet ? .
Only by accident - the water is immediately on the other side of the ropes and as Shamu is "up close and personal" there can be a bit of water flying about - but its not done intentionally as in the shows

is it worth the money for the meal and the atmosphere.
Yes

crazydaveh

I think the experience is great! You will literally be about five feet from Shamu and lately they've had new Baby Shamu in the pool for the dining experience.

The food is buffet style and has everything from chicken fingers to seafood.

When you make a reservation you can requesta seat next to the pool. They have been very busy this time of year with the Luau being down for refurb...

Look for discounts for it on the web. AP holders get % off and there are coupons out there for non AP holders!

Have fun!

marlaymike

I recommend not to spend that money in the dine with shamu, we don't enjoyed it like we though we would. The food, is not the best food, imagine we had to eat in other place after the dine with shamu was over. They make a little show with shamu, but that's it, like 30 minutes. The same you could see at the show that doesn't cost you anything (park ticket).

crazycalf

I thought it was great. The food is decent and beer or barcardi silver is included with the price, all you want.
The Shamu experience was much more personal than the normal show.
The experience was a steal for the price that they charge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom