dining suggestions

sweetsugar

Original Poster
This will be my first time with my sis, visiting wdw in May 09 for 2wks. We're trying to figure out which restaurants we want to visit whilst we are there, but don't really have a clue. What can you recommend as a must, and as were from the uk when do you suggest making ADR's. From the posts I have read this is a must, is this really the case?
We know we want to eat at Rainforest cafe dtd but thats the only one so far. Thanks! :brick:

brent2124

Definatly need to make ADR. I would suggest Jiko at the AKL and Le Cellier at World Showcase. You may want to try the Rainforest Cafe at AK instead of DTD. It is usually less crowded and AK doesnt have the widest range of dining options available.

Jessie&Buzz

I enjoyed 1900 Park Fare for dinner. It's a character meal with Cinderella, Prince, Step Mother and Step Sisters. (we had the mice in 2006) I also like 50's Prime Time Cafe, Chef Mickeys (breakfast and dinner), the princess meal in Norway for breakfast and Crystal Palace in the MK for breakfast (Pooh and friends)

This next trip we are planning Whispering Canyon (Wilderness Lodge) for breakfast, Crystal Palace (breakfast) and Chef Mickeys (haven't decided for dinner or breakfast). We will also be going out for our anniversary without kids. I'm leaving the decision of where to my husband. We can't book till June so he's not ready for pick yet. We may pick another resturant too. We aren't on a dining plan so we'll most likey do counter service alot.

Monkeymama

Whenever asked, I always recommend these restuaruants. Some based on food, some bc of theming and others bc of atmosphere...

Jiko and Boma--AKL
San Angel and Le Cellier--EPCOT
O'Hana--Poly
Chef Mickey's--Contemporary
Flame Tree--AK
Cinderella's Royal Table--MK

Be sure to check out the menus and you can get a good feel for what is there. Enjoy!

Rob562

What is the price range for eating at the Ohana if you don't mind me asking?

'Ohana is an all-you-can-eat restaurant.
Breakfast is $18.99 Adult, $10.99 Child.
Dinner is $26.99 Adult, $12.99 Child.

Also be aware that 'Ohana is one of the places that adds a "seasonal/holiday premium" during certain peak times of the year. It adds about $3 to the price.

(And as a side note for the people who tend to put the apostrophe in the wrong place, it's Hawaiian, not Irish...) :animwink:

-Rob

Mikester71

'Ohana is an all-you-can-eat restaurant.
Breakfast is $18.99 Adult, $10.99 Child.
Dinner is $26.99 Adult, $12.99 Child.

Also be aware that 'Ohana is one of the places that adds a "seasonal/holiday premium" during certain peak times of the year. It adds about $3 to the price.

(And as a side note for the people who tend to put the apostrophe in the wrong place, it's Hawaiian, not Irish...) :animwink:

-Rob

Cool, thanks Rob! :wave:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This will be my first time with my sis, visiting wdw in May 09 for 2wks. We're trying to figure out which restaurants we want to visit whilst we are there, but don't really have a clue. What can you recommend as a must, and as were from the uk when do you suggest making ADR's. From the posts I have read this is a must, is this really the case?
We know we want to eat at Rainforest cafe dtd but thats the only one so far. Thanks! :brick:

Yes, make the ADR's for sure and do it 90 days out from our reservation check in date.

My favorites and suggestions are:

Resort - 1900 Park Fare, Cape May, Cali Grill, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, Beaches and Cream

MK - Cinderella Round Table, Crystal Palace

Epcot - Le Cellier, Rose and Crown, Les Chefs

Animal Kingdom - Yak and Yeti, and Tusker House for breakfast

Have a great trip! :wave:

coltow

My family has many favorites and must-do's
Le Cellier - dinner
Chef Mickey's - breakfast or dinner
Ohana - dinner
Kona Cafe - breakfast
Cape May Cafe - dinner
Whispering Canyon - breakfast
Cinderella's - dinner

And on our last trip we discovered the Plaza Restaurant. This was excellent for a change of pace. Great sandwiches and it had a cute, quaint atmosphere.

petersenjp

Sci Fi at DHS - This place is so much fun!
California Grill
Coral Reef - food isn't bad, but the view is great
Spoodles is pretty good at DTD
Princess Breakfast at the Castle
Tusker Haus - Character breakfast at AK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom