Dining rotation question?

tink66

Original Poster
Can you request a certain Mdr as your repeat dinner? If so do I call ahead and ask for this? Also if your travel party is you and your husband can you get a separate table or will you be at a table with strangers? We went just hubby and I last year but never went to any of the Mdrs on that trip but plan to do them this trip.
smile.gif

tink66

Original Poster
I just called the cruiseline and was told yes I could request my dining rotation and yes request to sit alone. of coarse not all requests can be honored. :)

lostpro9het

We just came back and it could have been luck, a fluke or that we chose the late rotation but my DW and I never shared a table with any strangers during our trip. My DW thinks it may have been becaused we stressed to our TA and Disney that this was our anniversary trip. So I suppose it wouldn't hurt to make them think it's your anniversary to help your cause.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Disneyfalcon

Disney always puts the disclaimer in that requests aren't guaranteed, but they really do try. You will see your dining rotation on your Key to the World card when you check in. After you board you can go to the place notated in the Personal Navigator to make dining changes and try to change the rotation if you need and ask if you are sitting alone. They'll try to help again if your requests weren't honored.

kasey1988

We wernt sure how we would feel about sharing a table with strangers, but we actually really enjoyed our table mates!
The first night was a little akward, there was initially us and two other couples at the table, but when the last couple arrived they were not impressed to sit with us, and made a bit of a scene actually.. but the next night we were joined by a guy travelling by himself from the Netherlands, so for the last two nights it was him, us and another couple from the US, it was fun to chat and see what everyone did that day!

tigger1968

We always opted for the later rotation, it seems quieter, and less crowded. We have always been seated with other groups, but we don't mind as we enjoy the interaction. Funny story - on our last cruise we were seated at an 8 top table. Us, another couple and family of 4. The couple didn't say much, and seemed to not be too happy to be at a table with kids. The second night, we saw the couple seated on their own across the restaurant. So it seems they were able to move with no issues.

EOD K9

On my first cruise we had two other couples at our table and we had a blast. During my second trip it was just the wife and I. Sometimes it may be luck of the draw. My next trip will be with the in-laws and two ten month olds...we shall see how that goes.

PolynesianPrincess

When we went on our February cruise, we had 3 people and were seated at a 4 top. There were soooo many empty tables. One of my friends who works on the ship told us our cruise and the cruise after ours were all less than half full.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom