Dining Reservations?

marinad

Original Poster
Why dont they think about doing dining reservations online - wouldn't that make for "such an easy system" - kind of like OPEN TABLE.com?

anyone hear anything about this?

gotribe07

Code:
Why dont they think about doing dining reservations online - wouldn't that make for "such an easy system" - kind of like OPEN TABLE.com?

anyone hear anything about this?

I'm not too sure about this one. The system would probably be a little too complicated as soooo many WDW restraunts use priority seating. I think the current format they have is great. I don't mind calling to make reservations... it's the only time I dont mind being placed on hold so I can listen to WDW music!!

Also, I'm just thinking ahead here, if there was a computerized system what would stop people from going online, making a reservation, and then not showing up. People do crazy things at WDW, some make reservations at Ohana's just so they can park at the Poly and take the monorail into MK.

I don't think you'll ever see online dining reservations at WDW IMO.

JikoMarie

I think this is a wonderful idea and I'm surprised nobody has responded to this thread. It would be so much easier if you could make ADRs online and then get an e-mail confirmation.

Also, I'm just thinking ahead here, if there was a computerized system what would stop people from going online, making a reservation, and then not showing up. People do crazy things at WDW, some make reservations at Ohana's just so they can park at the Poly and take the monorail into MK.

What difference does it make if they are booked online or by phone? It's the same system. The computer could catch this double booking just the same.

JikoMarie

I'm guessing people would be more likely to abuse the reservation system.

I think it would be less likely because they could only log in using their phone number and a password or something like that. Therefore, you have one person logging in as opposed to multiple CMs on your behalf each time you call in. This way the system could be set up better to detect double bookings and block them from happening.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is just a guess but I am thinking that Disney wants to hold onto the personal feel of talking to a live cast member for as long as possible. Just look at their online resort booking system. It has to be one of the worst of reservation systems in the world. It is much more pleasant and in many cases easier to call Disney and talk to a cast member vs. booking online. It would not surprise me if the reservation system is bad by design for this very reason.

snoble

When I was atthe Contemporary in April we were told that this system is already in the works. I would love being able to do my own reservation :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Laura

Premium Member
I'm guessing people would be more likely to abuse the reservation system.

I would like to see a system that requires a deposit, or requires you to use your dining credits in advance...meaning - if you don't show up you lose your deposit or your credits.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
This is just a guess but I am thinking that Disney wants to hold onto the personal feel of talking to a live cast member for as long as possible.

Ewww... I hope thats not the case. I hate waiting on hold for 20-30min... then talking to disinterested CM who seems like he/she doesnt even want to take your call in the first place.

I expect that sort of thing from Comcast / Dell / At&t / T-Mobile / Sprint / Ford (you get the point here) call centers... but not WDWs.

So, I even said this a couple of years ago, in a thread very similar to this one, I am all for booking ADRs online.

I'd rather NOT have to deal with a smarmy call center person with a 'tude. Just let me do it online!! *sigh*

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ewww... I hope thats not the case. I hate waiting on hold for 20-30min... then talking to disinterested CM who seems like he/she doesnt even want to take your call in the first place.

I expect that sort of thing from Comcast / Dell / At&t / T-Mobile / Sprint / Ford (you get the point here) call centers... but not WDWs.

So, I even said this a couple years ago, in a thread very similer to this one, I am all for booking ADRs online.

I'd rather NOT have to deal with a smarmy call center person with a 'tude. Just let me do it online!! *sigh*
I have called WDW at least 200 times and have always gotten someone that was just sprinkled with pixie dust. Now my wife on the other hand has called 3 times and gotten a cast member with a tude every time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom