Dining Recommendations

SuddenStorm

I've never been in, but I have a deep fascination with Captain Kidd's, because I've heard the stories of how bad it is, so I always wonder how they manage to stay in business. Are there just that many tourists who think they'll get a decent meal right next to Disneyland to keep them around?

I fell for it once in high school. I found the most palatable thing and ate a ton of it, plus the soft serve wasn't horrible. One person in my group saw the buffet and requested their money back. Another person actually genuinely liked it (we don't go to the park with him anymore).

The place is trash, everything from the seedy decor, awful employees, and awful food create a horrible experience. If you want cheap food near Disneyland, go to the Taco Bell at the intersection of Harbor and Ball.

It's such a good location though, it's a shame a decent restaurant isn't occupying that land.

Darkbeer1

I've never been in, but I have a deep fascination with Captain Kidd's, because I've heard the stories of how bad it is, so I always wonder how they manage to stay in business. Are there just that many tourists who think they'll get a decent meal right next to Disneyland to keep them around?

Basically, Yes. Offer an All You Can Eat Buffet right at the main Pedestrian Access Point for Disneyland, and enough NEW Tourists will be suckers, unless they check out Yelp!

Want an All You Can Eat Option, check out the Highly Rated Fire+ICE at AGW

mandelbrot

truecoat

I ate at Capt Kidd's twice. This was back when my kids were young and picky. It was a place that we could eat cheaply and they would find something to eat. Was it good food? It was food and that's about it. It was kind of like a Old Country Buffet but with way less selection. At the price it is now, you might as well eat in the parks. My kids are grown and I really don't see any reason to go there again.

Darkbeer1

And for a treat. Go to Joe's Italian Ice and get a Latte.

Lisa and I are currently having one, and we're watching the fireworks. 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom