Dining Plans

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
My husband and I are heading down to for 4 nights in early March to celebrate our birthdays. The last two dinner reservations are set - Jiko's and Victoria and Alberts. We initially had California Grill and then Le Cellier for the first two nights, but we've already been to California Grill a bunch of times, and thought that Le Cellier would be too heavy. So we're tentatively thinking San Angelo Inn and Fulton's Crab House for the first two nights.

We've always loved the atmopshere of San Angelo Inn, but have never eaten there. I've heard bad reviews, but we're thinking we should try it once. What do you think?

Also, what about Fulton's v. Bluezoo? We're leaning toward Fulton's because its easy to walk around DTD afterwards, and because we get 10% off as DVC members. What do you think?

Thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Skip San Angel. At one time the food was very good but it has really fallen off of the map. Quite honestly Moe's has better food. Eat anywhere but there.

Fulton's is very good but also very pricey but seeing as you are going to V&A it does not sound like that would be an issue.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I have been very disappointed with Fultons the last few visits. Some alternatives to consider would be Yachtsman Steak House, Artist Point, Narcoossee's or Citrico's (not to spend all your time at Grand Floridian :lol:)
Bistro de Paris is a nice upgrade to Chef de France.

Edit: Brown Derby can also be nice, menu not quite as good as in the past.
Restaurant Marrakesh is a pleasant meal, probably one of Epcots undiscovered corners with people fearing it may be too exotic or spicy I guess (it's not).
Also forgot Flying Fish....can be a little crowded and noisy, but a very nice menu. I would put it ahead of Bluezoo (and both ahead of Fultons)

DrummerAlly

I have to disagree with everyone (?) on San Angel's. We ate there in Jan of '08 and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was awesome and the food was really good.

Was it a particularly special or memorable meal? No. But overall it was enjoyable. If you're in the mood for mexican, I'd recommend it.

tink65

I have to disagree with everyone (?) on San Angel's. We ate there in Jan of '08 and really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was awesome and the food was really good.

Was it a particularly special or memorable meal? No. But overall it was enjoyable. If you're in the mood for mexican, I'd recommend it.

Ditto! We had dinner there last year and loved it! Our food was really good and our waiter was awesome!

lbrad

DH & I enjoyed our Anniversary dinner @ Narcoossee's. Food, service & atmosphere are great! We were able to watch MK fireworks from our seats!!! And they pipe in the music :sohappy:
We were given a complimentary glass of champagne with a strawberry !!!

Pluto_is_my_fav

Original Poster
Ok, we've settled on the following. What do folks think?

Tuesday - Jiko (Dinner)
Wednesday - The Wave (Dinner)
Thursday - Bluezoo (Dinner)
Friday - Rose & Crown (Lunch); San Angel Inn (Dinner)
Saturday - Victoria & Alberts (Dinner)

TinkerBell#1

Tuesday - Jiko (Dinner)

Jiko is great place
Wave is good
Rose & Crown is great
San Angel Inn never been or heard of it.
I have heard Victoria and Alberts wonderfull.

stlbobby

I would switch Rose & Crown and San Angel Inn. R&C is one of the best places to watch Illuminations and the atmosphere in the evening is rollicking. SAI is about the same for lunch and dinner, and I like it, its really improved lately.

tink65

Tuesday - Jiko (Dinner)

Everything sounds really good but The Wave. We ate there for the first time in Dec last year and it was our worst meal of the week........ Maybe it was just a bad night but we won't go back. The service and everything was fine we just didn't care alot for the food. Steaks were good but side dishes were terrible and our desserts were not good at all!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy

Tuesday - Jiko (Dinner)

Sounds like a plan!
Be sure to mention that these are anniversary dinners. I don't know what they might do at Jiko, but other signatures usually offer a nice extra bit of pixie dust (also make it a point with room ressie AND during check in)

Ultimately, it's going to be the two of you out celebrating a special occasion...and for that even McD's would work, right?
I think V&A's to cap everything off will leave you with a very special ending, enjoy and congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom