Dining Plan

tiggerandbart

Original Poster
I heard rumours that Disney Free dining should be offered to the general public any day now. I would really like to try a moderate resort this time. If the regular dining plan comes with the deal, can you substitute the sit down meal for a counter service if you want?

Rob562

I heard rumours that Disney Free dining should be offered to the general public any day now. I would really like to try a moderate resort this time. If the regular dining plan comes with the deal, can you substitute the sit down meal for a counter service if you want?

Yes, you can "trade down" and use a Table Service credit to get a Counter Service meal. At some times of the year, they'll even give you a voucher good for two extra Snacks when you do that.

It does not work in the other direction, though. You cannot use one or more Counter Service credits toward a Table Service meal.

-Rob

sweetpee_1993

The Disney Visa website says the early booking on the free dining is the big perk & to hurry to book it before it becomes available for the general public on May 3rd. Chances are looking good for the general public tomorrow morning!:wave:

sweetpee_1993

If you're wanting more table services than what's included in your free dining you can pay the difference to upgrade your dining plan. Like if you're staying at a moderate or deluxe w/the free regular dining plan you can pay the difference to upgrade to the deluxe plan which gives you 3 meals + 2 snacks per day. The meals can be table service or counter service. It doesn't matter. Also with the deluxe plan you get a free resort refillable mug. It's another option for ya. :D

tiggerandbart

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the reply, the quick service was fine for us but because we want to try a moderate I think it will come with the regular dining plan. We are going to be just coming off a cruise and don't think we will need all that food so it's great if we could just use the quick services for table service if we wanted to. Thanks again.

mickey2008.1

We got a deluxe room at 40% off, so the free dining plan is not allowed. But by our math we save $$$ and pay $40 per/person/day for the dining plan. Well worth it. My question is, is it worth paying for the deluxe dining plan? an extra $220 for two people, and we know where to go, california grille, narcooses, citricos, bistro de paris. So which signature restaurants are worth it?

Rob562

Thanks so much for the reply, the quick service was fine for us but because we want to try a moderate I think it will come with the regular dining plan. We are going to be just coming off a cruise and don't think we will need all that food so it's great if we could just use the quick services for table service if we wanted to. Thanks again.

While it's OK doing this once or twice, if you're planning on doing this with all or most of your Table Service credits, at some point it becomes more economical to book a Room Only or Package with a discounted room rate, and either pay for meals out-of-pocket, or if you have a Package reservation you can add on the Quick Service Dining Plan.
When you book Free Dining, you pay full-price for the hotel room, so with Deluxe Resorts it's always cheaper to take a decent percentage rate over Free Dining, with Moderate resorts it comes out close to being even either way.

Run the numbers both ways and see which is cheaper.

-Rob

Rob562

We got a deluxe room at 40% off, so the free dining plan is not allowed. But by our math we save $$$ and pay $40 per/person/day for the dining plan. Well worth it. My question is, is it worth paying for the deluxe dining plan? an extra $220 for two people, and we know where to go, california grille, narcooses, citricos, bistro de paris. So which signature restaurants are worth it?

FYI, Bistro de Paris does not take any version of the Dining Plan.

As for the Deluxe Dining Plan, the way I figured out that my friends and I would use it if we got it (doubling-up credits to eat a Signature dinner almost every night, and then using Snack credits for breakfasts) it came up as pretty much an even trade.
Meaning, for the amount of money we paid to upgrade the DDP, we got almost that exact amount of food extra. It wasn't any kind of a savings.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom