dining plan question

Joe Wolfers

Original Poster
I should know the answer to this but can't find it anywhere. What is the latest date to add dining plan to a reservation? I vaguely remember like 10 days out from the start of trip but didn't know for sure. thanks for the help

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You have until 3 days prior to add the plan if you like if you already have a package. If you have room only booked you would have to add tickets and the dining plan. :)

hoppesj2

A reservations cast member told me as long as I am upgrading I can do it up to three days out with no fees or charges...I asked specifically about upgrading our dining package and/or adding the park hopper

dreamfinder

You have until 3 days prior to add the plan if you like if you already have a package. If you have room only booked you would have to add tickets and the dining plan. :)

Unless you have an AP or own DVC points as those two groups can get dining with no tickets.

A reservations cast member told me as long as I am upgrading I can do it up to three days out with no fees or charges...I asked specifically about upgrading our dining package and/or adding the park hopper

Correct. If the change to your package ends up with the package costing less, and the change is being made less than 45 days from your travel date, you may be charged a change fee for every member of your party.

Joe Wolfers

Original Poster
we are dvc members and have annual passes...so can we add it once arriving at the resort or do we still need to add it and pay in full 3 days out? usually this is done long before but for some reason didn't happen this year and my mom thought it might be easier to just handle it all when we arrive if possible

dreamfinder

we are dvc members and have annual passes...so can we add it once arriving at the resort or do we still need to add it and pay in full 3 days out? usually this is done long before but for some reason didn't happen this year and my mom thought it might be easier to just handle it all when we arrive if possible

You are still subject to the 3 days in advance rule, you just don't need to buy tickets. However, if you have APs, I would strongly suggest evaluating the cost effectiveness of TiW instead of buying the dining plan.

Joe Wolfers

Original Poster
thanks you for the tip on TiW...not sure how i've never heard of this before since we go every year. trying to fully understand it. if we purchased one membership, would we be able to get the 20% discount for the entire party(6 adults 1 child under 2)?

Joe Wolfers

Original Poster
just read all the details on TiW...sounds great. i figure it is much cheaper overall then DDP unless we were enjoying places like ohana every night for dinner...i like being able to share meals as well since half the time we have way too much food with DDP...thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

dreamfinder

thanks you for the tip on TiW...not sure how i've never heard of this before since we go every year. trying to fully understand it. if we purchased one membership, would we be able to get the 20% discount for the entire party(6 adults 1 child under 2)?

Yup. As long as the TiW cardholder is present (and technically supposed to pay) it would cover up to a party of 10. The full details are at http://tablesinwonderland.com/, but basically if you plan on spending $500 or more at TS locations, TiW will save you money. Some CS is included, but just like determining the breakeven on the DDP, run some numbers and see if it works for you. But since you say you share meals, then I think TiW will definitely work out in your favor.

Mukta

just read all the details on TiW...sounds great. i figure it is much cheaper overall then DDP unless we were enjoying places like ohana every night for dinner...i like being able to share meals as well since half the time we have way too much food with DDP...thanks for the tip!
I am a big fan of TiW. Read the participating restaurant list carefully. It is good for some CS places like Flame Tree at AK. I love wine with dinner, and I get a discount at TS places on everything including alcohol. It is much more flexible than the dining plan. You can order just appetizers and skip dessert if you want.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Unless you have an AP or own DVC points as those two groups can get dining with no tickets.

Correct. If the change to your package ends up with the package costing less, and the change is being made less than 45 days from your travel date, you may be charged a change fee for every member of your party.
Thanks for adding about AP or DVC I forgot to mention that in my post. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom