Dining plan question

sbkline

Original Poster
I know that when booking a package reservation, everyone on the reservation has to have the same package specifications. However, I also know that, upon arrival, you can proceed to upgrade your ticket, such as adding waterparks to one ticket but not to the others, etc.

My question is, does this apply to DDP as well? Currently, all three of us (my wife, my son and I) are booked with the DDP. But my wife didn't like the childrens' menus for the DDP on our last trip. She said that the food was almost all the same every restaraunt on the respective kids' menus and wanted to have more variety for him other than burgers, fries and pizza, which is what she said was the standard fare at pretty much all the restaraunts. So, if we opted to do so, could we just drop the DDP from our reservation, then upon arrival, add DDP back for my wife and I, but not for our son? Or is that option only available for tickets?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Only tickets can be changed.

DDP has to be booked before you arrive [at least three days, I think] and the same package applies to each member of your reservation.

sbkline

Original Poster
Thanks, guys. At least I know that that option is now out. The next best option, I guess, is just to make sure we eat at several buffets, so that way he can deviate from burgers/fries/pizza at least at those restaraunts.

What about the Garden Grill restaraunt? We have that one planned for April, along with a few buffets. Being served "family style", would our son eat from the same platter that we eat from, or would it, again, be a seperate childrens' menu with the standard fare that I listed?

I honestly don't even remember the options being so limited for a child, but my wife says that that's how it was. She said that at most of the restaraunts we ate at last time, our son was given a paper child's menu that he could color on and whatnot, and the offerings were pretty much the same regardless of the restaraunt.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thanks, guys. At least I know that that option is now out. The next best option, I guess, is just to make sure we eat at several buffets, so that way he can deviate from burgers/fries/pizza at least at those restaraunts.

What about the Garden Grill restaraunt? We have that one planned for April, along with a few buffets. Being served "family style", would our son eat from the same platter that we eat from, or would it, again, be a seperate childrens' menu with the standard fare that I listed?

I honestly don't even remember the options being so limited for a child, but my wife says that that's how it was. She said that at most of the restaraunts we ate at last time, our son was given a paper child's menu that he could color on and whatnot, and the offerings were pretty much the same regardless of the restaraunt.
There is kids' fare at Garden Grill [Chicken Nuggets & Mac 'n Cheese with fries], but since it's served Family Style you could let him eat whatever he wants and ask for more if it runs out.

EvilQueen-T

is it possible to just do a hotel room and tickets w/dining plan for everyone except the child you want to skip the dining plan for then just purchase his tickets only and add him to the room when you get there?

Rob562

is it possible to just do a hotel room and tickets w/dining plan for everyone except the child you want to skip the dining plan for then just purchase his tickets only and add him to the room when you get there?

Theoretically, yes.

But at the very least they wouldn't be able to use Magical Express for the child, as he wouldn't be on the reservation at that point.

But from everything I've read online, you can add an extra person (child or adult) onto a room and get a room key issued after you check in, as long as it doesn't push the number of people in the room beyond the occupancy limit. You could then buy a ticket separately and have it encoded onto that new room key.

-Rob

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Hmmm I'm not sure you could do that because the dining credits are on the Keys to the World cards...somehow I don't think they could issue a room key and specify that your child's NOT have access to the credits. I just came back from the World and they wouldn't even remove our 2day tix from the KttW card because they were worried about messing up our dining credits.(we have annual passes).
Hopefully one of the KK will chime in on this one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom