Dining Plan poll

If the rumored changes take effect:

• Will you not buy the plan now, whereas before you would have (or did).

Votes: 125 52.3%
  • You will still buy the plan.

Votes: 48 20.1%
  • You dislike the plan, and wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Votes: 66 27.6%

• Total voters

bigpapamack

first time posting so may get it wrong.
Last week was the first time we had used the dining plan, used it for 7 days.
Absolutely loved it, used the interet for research to get the best places to eat (ratings not $$$$).
Also being a brit have taken advantage of exchange rate.
Ate at Boma
Coral Reef
Cinderella Dinner
Mama Melrose - Phantasmic
Crystal - Winnie Pooh place
Ohana
All booked 180 days in advance but this plannning added to the total holiday experience.

Counter Service was good also.

Wouldn't not have eaten at all the table service without the DDP so was good in that sense, maybe did not save any money but the general feeling was made life easier and we got value for money.
What bothers me is the hassle of no tips included and also the plan has reduced in total value but actual price reduced by a measly dollar.
Seems a large increase in cost for one year, thought it would go up in price but retain the same features.
strange choice to change a successful package, as I would have eaten off site otherwise.

lilclerk

What bothers me is the hassle of no tips included and also the plan has reduced in total value but actual price reduced by a measly dollar.
Seems a large increase in cost for one year, thought it would go up in price but retain the same features.

I definitely agree. I don't really mind the no-tip thing, but the fact that we're losing the tip, appetizer, and large selection of "snacks," and only have the price go down $1 makes it completely unappealing to me. I'd rather pay cash for a few sit-downs a trip now, since I am not lucky enough to need an AP & get DDE :(.

Dwarful

Just got back from our trip a few hours ago. We went with a large group and had THE WORST dining experiences we have ever had (and we have been going to WDW for years w/AP's--we went w/a group so we booked a 1 day ticket & dining). With these proposed changes, I wouldn't bother w/the dining plan. Bring back the quality food and quality service. At two occasions my husband had to ask for the manager because the waitstaff was yelling at the girls about who the girls were sitting with. It seemed to everyone in our group that some waitstaff /restaurants were not prepared to handle large groups on the plan. Let me tell you it is no fun getting yelled at by a waitress because the girls didn't sit where she wanted them to.

Kalikala

I wouldn't use the plan, but then I never do. My usual food budget works out to about $25/day, and that's way more than enough food for me- I wouldn't want to do a sit-down dinner every night.

dteed

I would not buy the regular plan anymore as it is not worth it anymore. I made reservations for feb last week and they told me about the options. I may buy the deluxe plan since we would use the two meal restraunts and one credit for lunch. They also talked about a wine plan for 39 which would give you a bottle of wine per night. I will do the math on it soon and figure if we will buy it or not.

PhilharMagician

If it's free or not, it's an excellent value regardless. I'll continue to purchase it if I have to and enjoy it if its free.
Just a note:
The cost of the plan will be going down $1.00 to $37.99, but tip will not be included nor will the appetizer. Figure the tip and appetizer is worth $15.00 that would put meal costs around $52.99. That is a huge jump for 08'.

funcouple6

ever think of this

The dining plans may turn out to be a better value than most may think at first as the year goes on the restaurants will most likley raise their prices on buffets and several items, which would bring the value of the plan upwards. I have seen price increases at the restauraunts when least expected.. Just a thought, as it may be premature to determine its value and if you aren't a party of 6, or should i say 8 (as the reservation agent told me it was a party of 8 ):shrug: but online it says 6 , you can tip based on the rate of service provided.

Dwarful

I agree with others that w/the loss of appt. and the addition of tip the cost is no longer just the $37.99 per person, per day. Now, you can say "I won't order any apps." and that is fine. BUT, the expense of the tip was included before and now it is not. We just got back from WDW and we were on the plan. One night we ate at Tony's. The food and service (Dirk was great) was wonderful. Our oldest daughter (11)had her own appt., the steak dinner and gelato for dessert. She sat w/her girl scout troop and had her own ticket. Just for her meal the cost w/tip & tax was just over $56.00 her tip alone was right about $10.
I can see w/the new plan I"d spend about an extra $40-$50 out of pocket at every sit down meal w/tips and any apps. we 'might' purchase. We probably would skip buying any apps. though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom