dining plan: can i get anything i want?

izzzy777

Hi:king:

With the dining plan can I get anything that I want? Like Filet mingnon at Le cellier! Also, Do the meals roll over to the next day if I don't use them?

Thanks!

meryll83

Your credits are all accumulated together so you can use them whenever and however you like.

I'm interested to know if you can order anything from a given restaurant menu though, or if there are restrictions....

Upvote 0

hansel1

This past january the only restrictions were:

no alcoholic drinks,
no menu items meant for more than one person,
I'm not sure, but I think the only "high end" items off limits were "the catch of the day" type stuff.

Steaks were on the menus where applicable, like when Cinderella's royal table was on the DDP you could have chosen a regular cut prime rib or the king cut prime rib.

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

In regard to alcoholic beverages...your on your own. I am under the impression there are no restrictions on the ADULT menu. In reading some of the other posts it seems that the childrens menu has been altered, only offering specific items and those items are generally in every restaurant. Not sure but you may want to try allears.net...they had more information of the dining plan than most other sites. Good Luck!

Upvote 0

meatloafsfan

Appetizers and desserts are one per person (some restaurants do offer "samplers" which are meant for sharing and then you would have to use 2 people's entitlements to enjoy one of them).

And yes, at Le Cellier you can get the Filet Mignon (either the mushroom one with the rissotto or the maple bbq one with cream cheese mashed potatoes).

There are very few exclusions - you don't really need to be concerned about being handed a separate "DDP only" menu.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Oh, man!!!! I am cancelling my whole trip and the disney dining plan. I wanted to order the kitchen sink.!!! Its a very rare treat.!! ha.ha. :lol:

Upvote 0

Rob562

There are very few exclusions - you don't really need to be concerned about being handed a separate "DDP only" menu.

The one exclusion that comes to mind are menu items that are an "Add-on" to your entree, like the Yachtsman Steakshouse's "add a lobster tail to any entree for $28". You can still order it, but you'll be charged for it.

-Rob

Upvote 0

jonesenon4

:sohappy: with the ddp you order off the same menu as everyone else.we have used it 2 years now and the only restriction we have had are at dtd resturants and that was only an add on item,but in the parks we could get the add ons.alcohol is not allowed but they tell you that when you get the ddp.and if you're interested cinderellas royal table is still on the ddp we just ate there 3wks ago and it was great but it is now 2 table service credits.have a magical trip and see you real soon.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

bears163

go to wolf gang puck. ws the best food we had all week. lol i ordered the most expensive item. just cause it was that. but omg i am so glad i did the filet mignon was the best thing i have ever tasted

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

The DDP is awesome (especially when free!) We ate at Cap'n Jacks. My mom ordered the Top Sirloin. The server suggested adding on the lobster tail as it was included in the price of the dining plan.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Ok, I was looking online and checking out menu's and such. We are going to eat at Tony's for one dinner...the new menu I saw stated "If you are on the DDP you will receive a dessert sampler" ...is this true? Is it one sampler per person of smaller versions of each dessert? Or is it one sampler per table? If you don't want the sampler can you get the dessert of your choice? We have 12 in our group and I promise you one sampler won't be enough for us ;)

Upvote 0

Cindyrella

Last October we ate at Tony's on the DDP and we did indeed have a dessert sampler. However, I just ate at Tony's two weeks ago, again on the DDP, and we each received individual desserts.

Upvote 0

Tara Stone

The one exclusion that comes to mind are menu items that are an "Add-on" to your entree, like the Yachtsman Steakshouse's "add a lobster tail to any entree for $28". You can still order it, but you'll be charged for it.

-Rob

one person in our group ordered the add on tail to their filet and it was covered on our dining plan. The only things we found that were not on our plan were maybe three items on the menu at Victoria and Alberts that you were just charged a small amount extra ....caviar, I think was extra and the kobe beef instead of the filet. Actually my Husband had the Kobe and I had a taste and thought my filet tasted just as good!

Our dining plan was with the paltinum plan package

Happy eating on your trip!:slurp:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom