dining plan available to dvc member

AshAlytwins

Remember when using the plan that the servers will push you to take the Appetizers and Desserts because they make their tips based on your total bill. So even if you don't really want them, take them and try them, the servers will then get a better tip, which costs you no extra!

marksniles

PhilharMagician said:
Here are a few details that I asked about yesterday when I called for a future ressie.

Cost:
37.99 per adult
10.99 per child

The package is added when you make your reservation or can be added afterwards.

Payment for the Disney Dining Plan has to be made at check-in at your DVC resort.

I figured out last night what our average cost were during past visits using our Disney Dining Experience card and will be saving even more money with the DDP.
Is this per day or a one time fee of 37.99 per adult???
Thanks,
mark

AshAlytwins

You have to purchase the plan for the same number of nights you are staying and each member in the party(staying in the room) must purchase the plan. I believe that you have to purchase your tickets at the same time also. Can anyone verify this? I am wondering for our next trip in February, where we each have a 6 day ticket to use yet and are staying at the Pop Century, can we just add the Dining plan or do we have to buy a 1 day ticket with the plan?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
MadMax11 said:
Wow!!! That is awesome, Hunnypot!!! Thanks for the information. That sounds perfect for my family!
We have used it before and honestly, I dont see the big savings. You still have to pay for breakfast, and if you do more counter service than sitdown, you dont come out. If you do a sitdown everyday, then you are at the whim of reservations on when and where you have to be, i.e., ressie at Le Cellier at the day you are at MK, then you have to transfer over. We found that we spent alot more time going to and from (wasting time) our sit down meal than we liked. We got the DDE card and save 20% most anywhere....plus you get free valet parking.....

MickeyTigg

hakunamatata said:
We have used it before and honestly, I dont see the big savings. You still have to pay for breakfast, and if you do more counter service than sitdown, you dont come out. If you do a sitdown everyday, then you are at the whim of reservations on when and where you have to be, i.e., ressie at Le Cellier at the day you are at MK, then you have to transfer over. We found that we spent alot more time going to and from (wasting time) our sit down meal than we liked. We got the DDE card and save 20% most anywhere....plus you get free valet parking.....

Honestly....we're on the other end. We have a trip planned for June and with the character breakfasts (which are covered) and our sitdown lunches and dinners, we didn't have enough counter meals....so it didn't pay off. Plus, most of the Signature Meals (2 credits) aren't worth using 2 credits, so we'd have to pay for those anyway.

We're going with the DDE and with the discount...it's essentially paying our tips.

MickeyTigg

Master Yoda said:
I am probably wrong but it was my understanding the 2 table service restaurants were mainly dinner shows like the Luau and character dinning. In the case of the high end restaurants like California Grill certain menu items have a surcharge on them. One in particular I remember someone mentioning was the Fillet at CG carried a surcharge of like $5 when using the dinning plan.

That's incorrect for 2006 at least...

Signature Restaurants & Dinner Shows
2 Table Service meals may be exchanged for either 1 Signature Dining Experience at one of Disney's finest restaurants OR for 1 Dinner Show.

Magic Kingdom
Cinderella's Royal Table (Becomes Signature Dining 2/1/06)

MGM Studios
Hollywood Brown Derby

Animal Kingdom Lodge
Jiko - The Cooking Place

BoardWalk Inn & Villas
Flying Fish Café

Contemporary Resort
California Grill

Fort Wilderness
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Mickey's Backyard Barbeque

Grand Floridian Resort
Citricos
Narcoossee's

Polynesian Resort

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

Wilderness Lodge

Artist Point

Yacht Club
Yachtsman Steakhouse

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
TiggerRPh said:
That's incorrect for 2006 at least...

Signature Restaurants & Dinner Shows
2 Table Service meals may be exchanged for either 1 Signature Dining Experience at one of Disney's finest restaurants OR for 1 Dinner Show.

Magic Kingdom
Cinderella's Royal Table (Becomes Signature Dining 2/1/06)

Should definately not be considered Signature, other than its in the castle. The food is average and the service was below average.

DisneyBunny

hakunamatata said:
Should definately not be considered Signature, other than its in the castle. The food is average and the service was below average.

Maybe things will change once it becomes a price fixe meal? Also, you'll be getting all those extras like the print... so maybe it's now worth the 2 credits? I dunno. The only way to find out is to try it once the change goes into effect.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
hakunamatata said:

CRT is changing as of 1 Feb. The food is changing, the check-in is changing and you leave with photos, a frame and at dinner a lithograph. What it was when you did it is irrelevant to what it will or will not be worth once it's changed.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
CoasterKing said:
I understand the DDP (Disney Dining Plan), but what exactly is the DDE ???

Thanks, :king:

My understanding [never had it myself]:

Disney Dining Experience - a card, purchased [I think only by AP and/or DVC members] for $50. Gives 20% discount at meals.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CoasterKing said:
I understand the DDP (Disney Dining Plan), but what exactly is the DDE ???

Thanks, :king:
Disney Dinning Experience. It is a $50-$75 a year membership program that gives you a 20% discount off of your total bill (including alcohol) at nearly every table service restaurant and several of the counter service restaurants on property. You must be a Florida resident or AP holder to qualify.

Coastercameron

The secret to making DDP WAY worth buying is to have wine tastes on a beer budget (in food that is). When we went in June, we used this to our full advantage. We had a $140 dinner (for 2 people mind you) at Le Cellier, and paid $0 out of pocket. We also had a $110 teppanyaki dinner another day in Japan, again, paid $0. The key is to change your eating habbits, and go all out while you aren't paying out of pocket.
The counter service meals can get expensive too. We paid for breakfast. Used the counter service meals and snack to break even on the dining plan, and then used the table service meals to eat fine on Eisner's tab, (as I liked to think of it :-D )

mickeysgal

I'm not sure for DVC members if this is such a great deal....or maybe it is. I thought the whole point (and what I like about the Vacation club) is that you have a full kitchen to make your own food and save money in the park. But on the other hand, you can enjoy food you wouldn't regularly eat at no cost, and not have to prepare it....hummm....I'll really have to sit and think about that!!!!

Question though, Someone mentioned you have to buy the tickets at Disney...is that true? We usually buy our tickets before from a discounter.

And the most important question..... Is a Dole whip considered a snack or counter service meal?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You only get a full kitchen when you stay in a 1+ bedroom villa at a DVC property. Studio villas come with a kitchenette - mini-fridge, toaster, coffee maker.

I haven't heard anything about there being the restriction that you have to buy park passes at Disney. I would guess that most DVC members either use AP's or bundle admission in with their reservation.

I believe Dole Whip is considered a snack.

Magister

It would be nice if AP could get that meal plan. Any more info on the DDE? Like exactly where we could use it?

The Meal plan would be a great deal for my family. The epcot list was great.

Thanks for the info!!

MomofKatie

HauntedPirate said:
You only get a full kitchen when you stay in a 1+ bedroom villa at a DVC property. Studio villas come with a kitchenette - mini-fridge, toaster, coffee maker.

I haven't heard anything about there being the restriction that you have to buy park passes at Disney. I would guess that most DVC members either use AP's or bundle admission in with their reservation.

I believe Dole Whip is considered a snack.
In the kitchenette, there is also a microwave- still not a full kitchen, but some "cooking" could be done.

The DDP for DVC members is not tied to any ticket purchase.

Dole Whips aren't on the DDP- Boo Hoo!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom