Dining plan and UK travel Agents

Kam

Hi,

I'm currently trying to book a trip to WDW in Sept 06

I'd like to try the DDP but its seems that The Dining plan can't be booked from uk travel agents that I have tried, apart from one (more on that later)

Most have told me there are problems and that they cannot offer it to customers at this time. However I can book it direct with Disney

the one company I did try was 'jetsave' I asked if there where any problems -they phoned back saying they could off it, and didn't have any details of problems, However I got the impression I was not guaranteed to get it they just wanted to take my booking and see what would happen.

any one have an experience of this or similar issues in UK

I'd like to book through a Travel agent as I'll save ~£200 against book package thro' disney and flights separately

JPVonDrake

Kam said:
Hi,

I'd like to try the DDP but its seems that The Dining plan can't be booked from uk travel agents that I have tried, apart from one (more on that later)

Most have told me there are problems and that they cannot offer it to customers at this time. However I can book it direct with Disney

the one company I did try was 'jetsave' I asked if there where any problems -they phoned back saying they could off it, and didn't have any details of problems, However I got the impression I was not guaranteed to get it they just wanted to take my booking and see what would happen.

I'd like to book through a Travel agent as I'll save ~£200 against book package thro' disney and flights separately

You were correctly told that the Magic Your Way Plus Dinning Package is not available in the current UK's offerings.

You can book this package yourself directly with Disney (note Disney cannot book oversea air) or with any travel agent (UK or USA) who is willing and/or able to book directly with the American office of the Disney Reservation Center. This second option may be difficult in the UK, as the travel agent would have to be willing to call overseas and set up an account with the American office.

I'm not sure if Kingdom Konsultants (board sponsor) can book oversea airfare, but you may wish to give them a try too.

Hope this helps!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneydaft

Kam said:
Hi,

Hi,
We have booked directly through Disneyworld.com, just make sure that you choose to visit the US site and not the UK site.

Do you know that the Dinning plan is free in September?

Who are you looking to book your flights with?

Upvote 0

Kam

Original Poster
Hi

just got back from the Travel agents to see want is going on with the DDP

I phone Virgin holidays yesterday and they told me that the had withdrawn the DDP and that all uk travel agents where unable to offer it anymore.

Went to Thomson holidays and they said they could do it :hammer:
Thomas Cook also said they could do it

All I want is to book my holiday at WDW resort with tickets and DDP and know I'm going to get it,

I'd prefer to fly with BA or Virgin

Upvote 0

disneydaft

Kam said:
Hi

just got back from the Travel agents to see want is going on with the DDP

I phone Virgin holidays yesterday and they told me that the had withdrawn the DDP and that all uk travel agents where unable to offer it anymore.

Went to Thomson holidays and they said they could do it :hammer:
Thomas Cook also said they could do it

All I want is to book my holiday at WDW resort with tickets and DDP and know I'm going to get it,

I'd prefer to fly with BA or Virgin

Virgin and BA are the most expensive airlines, but I guess you have found that out already. In my opinion Virgin are not worth the price they charge.

First Choice offer the Dining Plan and they are one of the better airlines to fly with.

What hotel do you want to stay at? I will have a look at the Disney site for you.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Please feel free to contact us via E mail We can certainly book all components of your Magical Trip, including air, resorts, theme park tickets, Magic Your Way Dining plan, and any other package add ons to make your trip perfect!!! You can contact me directly via my e mail signature or the agency as a whole at Vacations@kingdomkonsultant.com Hope this helps!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Chris K

try travelcitydirect.com, just booked our 2007 holiday through there, havent booked dining but the overall cost worked out nearly £2000 cheaper than any other travel company.

Upvote 0

MagicUK

Me too (Travelcity direct). We have just booked and off site 2 bed apartment 14 days disney ticket, 5 park flexi ticket, car hire upgrade, insurance and over night stay in Manchester the night before the flight all for £1165.00 each which for the UK is excellent I thought. Try there web site or give them a ring they are very helpful.

However- from what I have read on these boards KK is the place to book for on site and specialized extras such as DDP.

Let us know how you get on????

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
We do book for many clients that live overseas. The only thing that we cannot book for you is the airfare. The free dining is a great deal. It does expire on June 4th. Good luck with your plans.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom