Dining in costume for MNSSHP

DisneyPrincess5

There was a similar thread a while ago about dining at California Grill in costume and it was agreed upon that it was not appropriate. Can't wait to hear more responses about different eateries.

BigTxEars

I would guess it depends, I think anywhere in the MK where the party happens would be fine. Some of the more upscale places around WDW maybe not.

Princess in Training

Original Poster
TY. I have an ADR for every other sit down restaurant in MK for our trip (except BOG :( and Tony's, which I dislike very much). Really wanted to get something outside MK to relax and eat before we arrive for MNSSHP. I have an ADR for CRT on our MNSSHP night, but I would like to let it go as we are having breakfast there the day before. DD or POR would be good too, as long as we're not being inappropriate dining in our costumes. Any opinions/suggestions would be welcomed!

HouCuseChickie

I really think it depends on the meal. I wouldn't show up to a signature restaurant outside of the Magic Kingdom in costume, but I can tell you that we saw a lot of costumes at 1900 Park Fare before we went to MNSSHP.

daisyduckie

On one trip we dined in costume at the Grand Floridian Cafe. And my family were not the only people in costume. I think you would be fine as long as you were not at a signature restaurant. I would think if it was earlier in the day even the California Grill would be fine. People wear jeans in there, why not a costume?

LucyK

I wouldn't eat in costume at anywhere outside of MK.
Same here. We'll staying off-site when we attend the MNSSHP this year and my costume will be a Minnie Disneybounding, nothing crazy or too costume-y and I plan to put the finishing touches to the outfit once we're inside MK and not a moment sooner.

docdebbi

we always dine at the Plaza before the party. have not seen anyone in costume, but at the bathrooms next door- near tomorrowland noodle terrace- there was a line waitng to get a stall- and 100% of the people were changing into costume. including us!
lots of little kids not in stalls, just the main open area being changed also.
that has always been our MO for dining/changing, and probably will continue to be.
guess it seems like a convenient plan for lots of people.

tlev

There is a possibility that we might be dining in costume at Ohana before the party. I'm not too worried about it. Everyone will understand that we are going to the party and I feel sure we willl not be the only ones doing it.

Matt_Black

Not exactly what I think the OP had in mind, but I saw a whole bunch of costumes while eating at Columbia Harbor House, including an incredible Regina the Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time.

stalkingmickey

For what it's worth, I posed the same question to the Mom's Panel and their response was that it was "absolutely acceptable" and "encouraged during MNSSHP!"

I agree. This is the only time it would be acceptable. I saw lots of people at Cape May Cafe in costume when we were there during the party. I also agree not acceptable at California Grill or the other strict dress codes TS

RonAnnArbor

While not appropriate at the dress code signatures, you will find people in costume on the way to (or back from) at almost all of them during MNSSHP nights -- As to INSIDE MK, you see costumes everywhere --- last fall we had dinner at BOG during MNSSHP and almost everyone there was in costume, including the servers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom