Dining and the candelight processional

drp4video

Has anyone done the package for the candelight processional in December at Epcot? I am thinking of making a reservation at one of the restaurants and want to know if if is worth it, or will we be fine not having the reservation and just getting in line a little earlier? THis will be our first Christmas, and I would love to do the processional on Christmas eve. I also think I want to have a special dinner that night too. Has anyone done this?

It is me and my daughter, age 16, who is the pickiest eater you have ever seen. I checked all the menus, and I think all she will eat is steak. ANy recommendations? Looking at Le Cellar in Canada or maybe she would eat Fetucinni in Italy. ANy recommendations or opinions would be very helpful on either querstion. 1. is the dinner package worth it and 2. How are Le Cellar and the Italin restaurant (those two of course are the most expensive :rolleyes: ) or, maybe if I pay for the adult meal, will they let her eat off the kid menu??

mandib

We did it last year and are booked for this year. Last year we did the first show and ate after. I don't think you get the full effect though because it's still somewhat light outside. I think the package is great. Yes, you still have to get there early but we did find out it helped that we were under the awning when the rain started. It is an awesome show and I'm sure you will love it. I'm 15 and I was VERY picky, somehow I went to England and I've become less picky. Anyways I beg to eat at Morrocco. Love the chicken kabobs. I look forward to them before every trip (68 days I may add). I think thats about all I can think of for now. Have a great trip! BTW when are you going?

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

Never done the candelight processional but have reservations for it this year. im a picky eater so we picked garden grill where i have been to before vary basic food like chicken mac and cheese stake etc. to look at menus go to www.allearsnet.com there under dining u will find menus for all restaurants. maybe u can find a restaurant that has food ur daughter likes. good luck :xmas:

Upvote 0
I booked a Candlelight Processional dinner package, at Alfredo's this year. I called the first day, and I was on wait for an hour and half because everyone was calling for it, but fortunately they still had PS for the time I wanted. But I suggest if you do want to get the dinner package (Which I believe is worth it, if you want guaranteed seating at the candlelight processional because the event gets packed.) then you should make reservations ASAP, and have your credit card ready! I hope you decide to go with the dinner package, especially if you are going during the holidays! Also if you are going to Disney's MGM Studios then you might want to book a fantasmic dinner package, which also guarantees seating (reserved seating) and you will not have to wait in line as long as you get their on time!

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!

Upvote 0

drp4video

Original Poster
Thank all for the advice. We are going December 23 to Jan 2. I am going to call Mo9nday and either go with Cal grill or Le Cellar. I just will sleep on it. We wamt to do it Christmas eve. We will do MGM for New Years. We did that last year and it was great, did Hollywood and Vine, which was very hectic and crowded. This year we are going to so SCI FI-my daughter loves it.

As far as Fantasmic, we don't book the package as we have AP so we can go at the last minute, just to see the show. I learned last time, that if you get in very very late, about 10 minutes before it starts, and if handicapped is not full up, they let you sit there. That worked last month, I guess we will try it again. New Years eve, I think they did 2 or 3 shows last year, so it was not a problem.

Now I just have to figure out what to do for Christmas day. I was thinking about going to the Grand FLoridian for tea, if they have it that day.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

drp4video said:
Thank all for the advice. We are going December 23 to Jan 2. I am going to call Mo9nday and either go with Cal grill or Le Cellar. I just will sleep on it. We wamt to do it Christmas eve. We will do MGM for New Years. We did that last year and it was great, did Hollywood and Vine, which was very hectic and crowded. This year we are going to so SCI FI-my daughter loves it.

As far as Fantasmic, we don't book the package as we have AP so we can go at the last minute, just to see the show. I learned last time, that if you get in very very late, about 10 minutes before it starts, and if handicapped is not full up, they let you sit there. That worked last month, I guess we will try it again. New Years eve, I think they did 2 or 3 shows last year, so it was not a problem.

Now I just have to figure out what to do for Christmas day. I was thinking about going to the Grand FLoridian for tea, if they have it that day.
I dont believe the Californai Grill is included in the Candlelight Processional Package, I thought it was just the WS restaurants. I do recommend Le Cellier though. It is a pretty amazing restaurant. Excellent food great service etc. Given the time period that you are going I think the Candlelight package is the way to go for you. Last year for the first time that I had known about it, the restaurants were doing some limitations and exclusions. I ate at Teppanyaki Grill and they eliminated the lobster and tenderloin from all the packages. You could re-add them in ( I did on the tenderloin and got a bill for a whopping $1.07!!) My friends did the Coral Reef and there they didnt even get to chose from the menu, the Candlelight dinner was a set menu!!! I dont know what limitations, if any Le Cell will have placed on their offerings though. Id have someone in Dining call over to the restaurant and see if they know. And you guest speaker will probably be Gary Sinise!!! Great job!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great time!!! Belle

Upvote 0

figmentfan

The Candlelight Dinner Package, my family and I have done it for about 10 years now. It is GREAT!!!!!!!!!

Couple of things.........
1. Go to the show first. Then after the show, eat your dinner. We always do the 5:00pm show, and then have dinner around 6:30-7:00pm. It is nice. After dinner, we watched the Illuminations Show.

The first year we did the package, we did the dinner first and then went to the show. We rushed through dinner, and we didn't get the reserved seating for the show.

2. Get to the Show early! It can get really busy there, even with the package. The best seat in the house, is under the roof about the 5th or 6th row back. You can see the actor or actress reading the Christmas Story.

3. In the past, the package had a 15% discount on merchandise for the day of your dinner package, but they discontiue that. (I don't know why?!)

4. Have FUN!!!!!!!! This is the most important part.

Upvote 0

drp4video

Original Poster
The first time I called, the CM sadi I had to wait for the 90 day rule. Didn't seem right, so I called back and this time was told yes, I could book the package. I made a PS reservation for the Garden Grill at 5:40 and the 8:15 show. That was before I read your post figmentfan. I am hoping we will have enought time to eat and hoof it over to the show, as I kind of wanted to see the processional in the dark, based on what a previous poster said.
That should give us time to make the reserved show reservation shoujldn'tit?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

drp4video said:
The first time I called, the CM sadi I had to wait for the 90 day rule. Didn't seem right, so I called back and this time was told yes, I could book the package. I made a PS reservation for the Garden Grill at 5:40 and the 8:15 show. That was before I read your post figmentfan. I am hoping we will have enought time to eat and hoof it over to the show, as I kind of wanted to see the processional in the dark, based on what a previous poster said.
That should give us time to make the reserved show reservation shoujldn'tit?
Should be PLENTY of time actually. Just remember the line for people with Packages in on the left hand side of the stage ( going towards Japan, Morocco etc) not on the right hand which is the stand by side. This was the sert up in all the previous years that I have gone. I prefer the later shows myself, I just think they are more moving. Have a great time. Belle

Upvote 0

LadyDarling

Along this same vein - my hubby and I REALLY want to do the whole reserved package thing next year when we go. How do the seats work? The last time I did this was in 1996 with my family and the seats were about 1/2 way back and off to stage right. Are they assigned now? Or is it "first come first served" for the package folks as well?

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

LadyDarling said:
Along this same vein - my hubby and I REALLY want to do the whole reserved package thing next year when we go. How do the seats work? The last time I did this was in 1996 with my family and the seats were about 1/2 way back and off to stage right. Are they assigned now? Or is it "first come first served" for the package folks as well?
hey Lady Darling, Hows things?? The reserved secton is exactly that, but within that area it is a first come first served basis. Make sure you allow enough time to get overe to the theatre as they dont even guarantee you a seat if you arrive too late!!! Belle

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom