Dine-In Theater now under construction at AMC Pleasure Island

lebeau

As for the whole "dine-in" theater thing....I don't think I'm gonna like it.
I absolutely hate any sort of intrusion or distraction while watching a movie. Having waitresses wander in to deliver food and such....sounds like it would be severely annoying.:shrug:

Yeah, I remember when this concept first started showing up in the early to mid nineties. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. Snacking in a dark theater is one thing. But I don't care to mess around with a meal I can plan my evening such that I can eat my meal before or after my 2-hour show.

Phonedave

Yeah, I remember when this concept first started showing up in the early to mid nineties. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. Snacking in a dark theater is one thing. But I don't care to mess around with a meal I can plan my evening such that I can eat my meal before or after my 2-hour show.

Quite honestly, I don't see the need for snacking during a movie.

I can go two hours during the day without eating, I can do it in a theater roo. :)

I understand why it is done ($$$$) but it is something that I don't tend to do.

I would rather see better seating, better projection equipment, and auto tazers to take care of the people who insist on talking or using texting during the film. (Texting while quiet, lights up the screen, which is distracting)

I can imagine eating a meal during a movie. I like to see my food.

Eh, to each their own. I am sure for plenty of people this will be a big draw.

-dave

lebeau

Quite honestly, I don't see the need for snacking during a movie.

I can go two hours during the day without eating, I can do it in a theater roo. :)

I understand why it is done ($$$$) but it is something that I don't tend to do.

I would rather see better seating, better projection equipment, and auto tazers to take care of the people who insist on talking or using texting during the film. (Texting while quiet, lights up the screen, which is distracting)

I can imagine eating a meal during a movie. I like to see my food.

Eh, to each their own. I am sure for plenty of people this will be a big draw.

-dave

Amen.

I rarely snack at the movies. As someone who has worked for 2 theater chains, it used to amaze me how people would line up to buy the marked up snacks. I lost count of how many times I heard people say "You have to have popcorn when you go to the movies." Um, no you don't.

(Although I don't understand this mentality, I was very glad for it. Concession sales is what keeps movie theaters running. The ticket sales are a very small percentage of revenue.)

Of course now I'm married to someone who believes popcorn and soda are mandatory. And she's indocternating our kids. Sigh.

Of course I don't think my wife would want to eat a meal in the dark. But I'm sure someone must feel differently. Because as I said before, this concept has grown in popularity since I first saw it introduced.

MKeeler

It all depends on execution. You'd be surprised how quickly you get accustomed to the wait staff.

If I had a choice, the Alamo Drafthouse would be the only movie theater I ever attended. One more reason I have to get back to Austin.

lazyboy97o

You should probably "bing" "Hyperion Wharf" or just search this site as Steve has some exclusive artwork about the new and improved DTD.

Then you will understand why they will need more parking.
Maybe you should use Bing to look at the massive, mostly unused lot that sits just north of the West Side.

WDWFan13

I have on of these AMC Fork and Screen theaters that they are building on pleasure island right by my house, Its a great place for a night out but you cant just buy a ticket you have have to pay the ticket price plus a mandatory 15 dollars for food.

If its like the one i have at home you have to be 18 to get in and if you are younger than 18 you have to go with someone over 25. I have to say for a movie theater the food was really good and the seats were really comfortable. They could be turned into bench seats by lifting the arm rests and the leather chairs came with swivel trays.

Monsterfan99

While a fun idea, it's not for me. I'll stick to bringing my own food to the DTD theater. Nothing like being able to bring a large pizza and soda in for a fraction of the cost:)

slappy magoo

Well, now speaking as a father, with limited going-out date-night time, it affords you the luxury of not having to decide between dinner OR a movie...

...just saying. :shrug:

And if it's a first date, no one will notice if spinach is in your teeth. That's gotta be a perk for some folk.

jt04

There. Fixed that for you.

As for the whole "dine-in" theater thing....I don't think I'm gonna like it.
I absolutely hate any sort of intrusion or distraction while watching a movie. Having waitresses wander in to deliver food and such....sounds like it would be severely annoying.:shrug:

I heard a rumor :lookaroun that the AC will be removed right down to the foundation and a new shop would be built in that spot. Rumor has it they will hand out a free gold coin to every customer who enters.

What do you think? Would you go in?

lebeau

Well, now speaking as a father, with limited going-out date-night time, it affords you the luxury of not having to decide between dinner OR a movie...

And if it's a first date, no one will notice if spinach is in your teeth. That's gotta be a perk for some folk.

I can see how that aspect would be appealing. Honestly, we don't do movie dates very often. (Our last one was Pirates 3.) If I'm going to spend 2 hours with the wife, I'd rather have dinner and conversation than dinner and a movie at the same time. But that's just me.

slappy magoo

I can see how that aspect would be appealing. Honestly, we don't do movie dates very often. (Our last one was Pirates 3.) If I'm going to spend 2 hours with the wife, I'd rather have dinner and conversation than dinner and a movie at the same time. But that's just me.

My wife and I have said everything that needs to be said. All that's left are meals and uncomfortable silences...

:lookaroun

:ROFLOL:

Peters_Shadow

We have AMC Fork n Screen and Cinema Suites here in KC. We actually like going to them since you roll dinner and the movie into one event. The food isn't bad either, not sure if they'll serve the same food in Orlando or not. I like Cinema Suites better since the seats are like living room recliners that are very comfy. Fork n Screen has a bit more odd set up. Instead of a tray on a swing arm over you to eat on in Cinema Suites you have a thin bar in front of your seat. You have to lean over to eat and it is a bit far away so it is awkward. Another annoying thing is there are wait staff walking in front of you quite a bit as they serve others around you.

MKeeler

It's ridiculous that they make you pay for a $15 food voucher in order to see this movie. At all of the movie grills I attend, you have the option of eating or not (though I don't know why you wouldn't eat, or drink...)

Lee

Adventurer
I heard a rumor :lookaroun that the AC will be removed right down to the foundation and a new shop would be built in that spot. Rumor has it they will hand out a free gold coin to every customer who enters.

What do you think? Would you go in?
No.
I would stand outside and ridicule the shop and anyone who went in.
If you ain't with us...you're against us.
DEATH TO HYPERION WHARF!:fork:

jt04

Beats teeth in your spinach.

did you bing that

I have a new catch phrase they should use.

"Bing It!" Get it? :lol::lookaroun

No.
I would stand outside and ridicule the shop and anyone who went in.
If you ain't with us...you're against us.
DEATH TO HYPERION WHARF!:fork:

What if they add a waffle stand? :shrug:

Seriously though, if you want AC and SEA to have a future in the Disney future shouldn't all the AC-ers play nice?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom