News Digital Key coming soon to Walt Disney World Resort hotels

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Two words:
1523040168050.png

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
The auto industry thought their proximity key was secure, as well. If there a way to profit from hacking something, it'll be hacked.

Hilton has over 2,500 of their hotels currently live with Digital Key. I have not yet seen/heard anything about their Digital Keys being hacked. I am not saying it cannot happen, but it has yet to be an issue.

Maybe the larger risk is someone hacking directly into the systems that control these digital keys, rather than individual digital keys themselves.

Raineman

Clearly someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.
Well, kinda. Just frustrating to not be able to read many threads on here without sifting through the constant sarcasm and complaining. Disney could make WDW admission free for everyone for a year, and some people would find something wrong with that. Gets a little old after a while.

Jambo Joe

Well, kinda. Just frustrating to not be able to read many threads on here without sifting through the constant sarcasm and complaining. Disney could make WDW admission free for everyone for a year, and some people would find something wrong with that. Gets a little old after a while.
I have to agree with you. I have been reading the forums for awhile and it’s tiresome. It’s so predictable - a new story will post and there is an immediate barrage of negative comments.

MikeyK72

New thread. How long before Disney mandates that infants wear Apple Watches?

Funny. Yet on a serious note, given the Disney/Apple affiliation I'm surprised that Disney hasn't offered an exclusive line of Disney bands for the Apple Watch.

But back on topic...yes, sign me up for the Apple Watch digital room key.

AEfx

Honestly, even without the whole room key option. I recommend everyone get one of those portable battery banks. We have like 4 we bought off amazon and just stick them, along with a 1 foot cable in out park bag. Whenever we are on a ride, waiting in line, or eating we would let the phones charge. Then we just charge the power banks at night along with our phones. Worked great for us the past two trips.

It is so ironic that the manufacturers of these phones are so heck-bent on making them infinitesimally thinner/lighter at the expense of battery life just so we can then carry around external bricks to charge them to sufficiently get through the day, LOL.

Biff215

Can some of you not read? @wdwmagic already stated that you can still use your magic band. Seriously, this forum is turning into nothing but a sounding board for people that sound like whiny 4 year olds that don't get what they want. Is it crappy that the cost of a WDW vacation is constantly rising? Sure. Is constantly whining and complaining about it on here going to (a) change anything or (b) make you feel better in the long run? No, and no. Stop going to WDW, stop feeding your own negativity by posting on here, and find some other fun activities/vacation destinations that will not make you miserable. Some of us on here recognize the issues, still want to continue visiting WDW, and can carry on discussions here without sounding like entitled brats.
Welcome to a discussion board. It sure is a better place here now that you added your positivity.

Raineman

But being rude and questioning others’ ability to read is so much better. Got it.
Whatever. I'm not getting drawn in to one of those back-and-forth meaningless arguments that happen way too often on here, and detract from the actual topic of discussion. Have a nice day.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It is so ironic that the manufacturers of these phones are so heck-bent on making them infinitesimally thinner/lighter at the expense of battery life just so we can then carry around external bricks to charge them to sufficiently get through the day, LOL.

Its no longer a phone, its a status symbol/fashion accessory actual utility is secondary

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom