News Digital Key coming soon to Walt Disney World Resort hotels

micdisney

The MB does cost them money for each one they make. If they force you to use the app for hotel/park tickets/FastPass they would save a lot of money.
They also make money though from the ones people buy at the park as well as the accesroies people get. Maybe that doesn't bring in enough for them to keep it though

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
The MB does cost them money for each one they make. If they force you to use the app for hotel/park tickets/FastPass they would save a lot of money.

They also make money though from the ones people buy at the park as well as the accesroies people get. Maybe that doesn't bring in enough for them to keep it though

Other hoteliers are already doing this. This seems to be more of a “keep up with the rest of hotel industry” move than one that saves money.

tissandtully

Again, this just seems pointless. There was a rumor about 8 months ago that indicated they where going to have a greeting in your hotel room where the lightd and TV would turn on and welcome you, much rather have that than this.

Also, IMHO opening your hotel door with your magic band feels magical and is a fun and cute way for them to intergrade tech in hotels, this just takes the fun out of it.
If only the door hardware wouldn't have issues with people with multiple Magicbands on their account. I had to deactivate most of my older ones to finally get the doors to work reliably.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom