Digital Cameras in Airport X-rays

xoxJEWELxox

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone knew where the best place is to put a digital camera and its memory card so it won't get ruined in the airport x-ray machines.

Thanks in advance!!

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by xoxJEWELxox
I was wondering if anyone knew where the best place is to put a digital camera and its memory card so it won't get ruined in the airport x-ray machines.

Thanks in advance!!

Have it hand searched is my best advice. I dont have any solid info on xray machines and digital stuff, but i;m going to find out. I know that film will get toasted if it goes in checked baggage.

****EDIT -> The TSA has the answer HERE. They claim it will be okay as well as laptops, etc.

DisneyPhD

Re: Re: Digital Cameras in Airport X-rays

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Have it hand searched is my best advice. I dont have any solid info on xray machines and digital stuff, but i;m going to find out. I know that film will get toasted if it goes in checked baggage.

****EDIT -> The TSA has the answer HERE. They claim it will be okay as well as laptops, etc.

I heard this also, on my way to WDW last time I bothered to have it all hand checked (400 Flim) on the way home I got lazy. It was all fine. The airport securty said that only flim at or above 800 speed is effected. Also I as told that it has no effect on digital or video tapes.

mej

I just got home from Orlando yesterday - I had my digital camera in my hand luggage and it went through the airport xray machine with no problems!

Erika

Ditto what PHD said about regular film being fine on carry-on, but O'Hare had all kinds of signs posted warning people against having it in checked bags. Just FYI. Whatever new system they implemented does indeed fry your film, as Dave said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom