Differences between resort levels

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The sheets are softer too. We stayed at POR on Friday night and moved to Poly on Saturday and the difference in the sheets is amazing. The mattress at Poly is more comfy too.

draybook

I'm perfectly fine with a Value resort. The main reason we switched to FQ was because it came with the regular dining plan during FD, instead of upgrading from QS at Pop. I asked my wife if she wanted to make the switch since the price difference was less than $150. The one main difference between Pop and FQ was the room size.

Maryssa*

I may be spoiled by having stayed in mostly Deluxes, but they are miles above moderates in my opinion. They just seem cleaner and are definitely more convenient transportation-wise. Also having a balcony vs just a door opening to the outside is a huge plus for me. So nice to sit outside in the morning.

(Actually found a cockroach in my room at Caribbean Beach this past week, this has NEVER occurred at any of the Deluxes I've stayed at over the past 20+ years)

draybook

Cockroaches in Florida isn't really a gauge. I saw about 10 of them on a planter by LMA, but that doesn't mean that DHS isn't as good as the MK. It's the attraction line-up that makes it inferior...... :eek:

BoarderPhreak

Yeah, well I heard that in the deluxe resorts, Huey, Dewey, and Louie sneak into your room in the middle of the night and sprinkle pixie dust on you while you sleep!

:D

meyeet

Not only are the towels nicer but the provided toiletries at a Deluxe are nicer than at a Value as well. Values only give the combo shampoo-conditioner. Deluxes provide individuals of each.

DJMoore2011

We do Deluxe because it feels calmer to us. I have a Special Needs Daughter and after a day of all the sights and sounds, colors and excitement we need a space that is a bit more calming then what I've seen at the Value and Moderate places.

Also we need that extra space, I know someone mentioned here getting a second room but you can't always guarantee that you'll get two connecting rooms and there is no way my daughter, even though she is 18 mentally she is about 6 years old, can be left in a room to herself. So we do the Deluxe it gives my husband and I space to ourselves and my daughter has the living room area for herself.

We do the Deluxe for the kitchen too, my daughter has meds that she needs to eat food before taking and it's easier just to have the kitchen there and I can make something quicker then calling room service or trying to wait in line at a quick service place.

I am sure that if we had to, we could do all this at Value and moderates with just a bit more planning ahead. But since this is a vacation it's nice to know I don't have to do that much extra planning.

s&k'smom

For us it's the only time we pamper ourselves. We like all the added touches of a deluxe, we do spend a lot of time at our resort so we feel it's money well spent. We too have a special needs child so some of the transportation options and overall general quietness of a deluxe (especially off season) is really important for our son. We've stayed at the GF for the last 3 trips and honestly have been completely spoiled by the quietness, pool time is never crowded and we feel safe sending our son to it ahead of us.

Weather_Lady

Growing up, we always stayed in Fort Wilderness Campground. For my "adult" trips we've stayed in the moderates (Coronado Springs and Port Orleans Riverside) and found them to be lavish, beautiful and "everything we need." I also agree with the poster above who commented on how inherently relaxing the moderate resorts are.

You guys are getting me all excited for our upcoming trip, however -- this time we're taking my Dad and my aunt, and are going deluxe! (Go ahead and imagine the theme to the Jeffersons ("We're movin' on up!") playing in the background here.)

My Dad hasn't been to Disney World since 2005 and my aunt, who works hard, lives frugally and is the type of generous soul who spends all of her extra monies on others rather than herself, has never been to Disney World (or even to Florida), and in fact, hasn't been anywhere on vacation in 20 years. Since this will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for her, we want to make it extra special. The plan is for us all to stay in a 2-bedroom villa at the Wilderness Lodge on rented DVC points. (If you hear a loud "yippee" emanating from the northeastern United States on June 4th, that will be because David's DVC Rentals has informed me that they secured the reservation.)

I had been assuming that the only additional "amenity" we were really getting was the extra space, laundry and full kitchen, but you've reminded me of a dozen other little "pluses" about which we can get excited!!! I'm so glad the OP asked this question, as it sounds like there are lots of subtle differences between the three accommodation levels. :D

jmorri26

Not only are the towels nicer but the provided toiletries at a Deluxe are nicer than at a Value as well. Values only give the combo shampoo-conditioner. Deluxes provide individuals of each.

My favorite is if you're at the GF they give you a tube of mint foot lotion. We all fought over it at the end of the day when we stayed there!

Oh and, I think it's only Deluxes, but if it rains, they have a stack of towels at the doors to dry yourself off. Nice touch :)

HouCuseChickie

Bed size is one of the key reasons why we've avoided the values. I always hear people saying they can't justify more than a value b/c the room is just a place to sleep...but DH and I are miserable in a double/full sized bed, so a value would be $ wasted on us as it would be very difficult for us to sleep.

Beyond that, we like the elaborate pools of the deluxe resorts, the convenience of being right near a park, better transportation options, cool theme or decor, a wider assortment of table service spots, and of course...room size.

5thGenTexan

My limited research has led me to believe that a Deluxe resort is not an option for us due to the price. We have two cruises under our belt on the Disney Magic and were quite happy in our 268 sq ft cabin. Anyone who has cruised before... how do the rooms in a moderate and value resort compare?

slappy magoo

My limited research has led me to believe that a Deluxe resort is not an option for us due to the price. We have two cruises under our belt on the Disney Magic and were quite happy in our 268 sq ft cabin. Anyone who has cruised before... how do the rooms in a moderate and value resort compare?

Not sure about the newest resort Art of Animation but the rooms in the other Value resorts are comparable to the sie of the cruise line rooms - 260 square feet, two double beds each.

If memory serves, the mods are mostly 314 sq. ft. Some offer a single king sized bed instead of 2 queens. A king isn't a selling feature if you have kids (unless you get 2 rooms), but if you're just a couple traveling without kids, it's nice.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I think all the differences have been laid out:
  • Room Size
  • Balconies
  • Toiletries
  • Food Choices
  • Location in regards to Parks
  • Bus stops
  • Transportation

We've always enjoyed our Deluxe stays for all those reasons, but bottom and Don't you dare tell my wife, but it's just a place to lay your head. We spend most of the times in the parks so unless (as others have mentioned) you're going to be spending a huge portion of your time in the room laying on your bed, swimming in your pool, eating at the resort restaurants and ordering room service, It's not worth the money....says the hypocrite who convinced his reluctant wife to book an MK view at the Contemporary this September..

Violet

We spend most of the times in the parks so unless (as others have mentioned) you're going to be spending a huge portion of your time in the room laying on your bed, swimming in your pool, eating at the resort restaurants and ordering room service, It's not worth the money....says the hypocrite who convinced his reluctant wife to book an MK view at the Contemporary this September..

Very true. We only spend a few hours at the parks each day, so the resort is really important to us. We also love room service for breakfast :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom