Diet??????? It's Disney we don't need no stinking diet!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MouseDreaming

At Disney, I find myself on the traditional see food diet. (You know, see food, eat!) Seriously, I eat way too many fries, and I did have a few too many Dole whip floats. Those I completely rationalize, though. It may be another year and a half or more before I get another one. Most other sweets don't count because I share. (Yep, if I share it can't count, because I am not really getting it for me, but everybody.)

danstpeter

It may seem counter intuitive, but I am going to Disney World for my health this winter, for all winter. I can't think of a place that would motivate me to walk anymore than there. I am leaving my car behind for 6 months and I truly believe that I will actually lose weight. I practice now, not only the walking but going to my favorite buffet restaurants plus eating "treats" in a very moderate way. I have been slowly but consistently losing weight since January. I will enjoy every Disney treat I want (I bet there will be a pretty fair list), but I got the time to spread it, instead of myself out. Does anyone know if there is "Fantasia" ice cream there?

HouCuseChickie

Well, I'm still trying to get back to normal after my feeding frenzy last week. I was doing really well until I was confronted with mac & cheese and fresh mozzarella today. Have I mentioned that I have this little thing with cheese? Speaking of which...there is a food truck here that makes an item that I would LOVE to see offered at Disney. They offer ... get this ... FRIED BRIE NUGGETS ON A STICK! This is what's missing from Gaston's! It's French- it fits!

OK- so what's my big weakness at WDW...big breakfasts. I love a big breakfast, but at home, my breakfast is normally Special K with berries, a cup of plain Greek yogurt, or some fruit. This may be why I like a TS breakfast and a TS dinner per day...I mean, TS dinner to relax seems like a no brainer...but a pre-park opening stuff yo face breakfast buffet just says "Chickie, you are on vacay!!! Now don't eat so much that they'll have to wheel you out!"

epcotisbest

Well, I'm still trying to get back to normal after my feeding frenzy last week. I was doing really well until I was confronted with mac & cheese and fresh mozzarella today. Have I mentioned that I have this little thing with cheese? Speaking of which...there is a food truck here that makes an item that I would LOVE to see offered at Disney. They offer ... get this ... FRIED BRIE NUGGETS ON A STICK! This is what's missing from Gaston's! It's French- it fits!

OK- so what's my big weakness at WDW...big breakfasts. I love a big breakfast, but at home, my breakfast is normally Special K with berries, a cup of plain Greek yogurt, or some fruit. This may be why I like a TS breakfast and a TS dinner per day...I mean, TS dinner to relax seems like a no brainer...but a pre-park opening stuff yo face breakfast buffet just says "Chickie, you are on vacay!!! Now don't eat so much that they'll have to wheel you out!"
I have always loved fried stuff on a stick...and love a big ole breakfast...both reasons why I am so overweight...but am working on correcting that problem. But now I am craving some bacon, eggs and grits...wonder how I could put them on a stick?

HouCuseChickie

I have always loved fried stuff on a stick...and love a big ole breakfast...both reasons why I am so overweight...but am working on correcting that problem. But now I am craving some bacon, eggs and grits...wonder how I could put them on a stick?

Considering we get news reports here each year of all of the fried delicacies on a stick at the Texas State Fair...I could give you some ideas on how to have a bacon - eggs & grits breakfast on a stick...but it wouldn't exactly be healthy.

epcotisbest

Considering we get news reports here each year of all of the fried delicacies on a stick at the Texas State Fair...I could give you some ideas on how to have a bacon - eggs & grits breakfast on a stick...but it wouldn't exactly be healthy.
Too funny...my wife and I actually went to the Georgia Mountain Fair this past weekend. Lots of different fair foods. Saw fried Oreos and fried pizza, but stuck with the old tried and true corn dog.
And while nowhere near as beautiful as your cakes, there was a Kit Kat cake that was pretty cool, simply a round cake frosted then circled with Kit Kat bars and M&Ms on top...guess I am easily impressed...it was simple but very attractive at the same time.

Future Imagineer

Lots of Popcorn, Design your own dipped Mickey Rice Crispie Treats, lafou Brew, Desert with every and all meals, Meats and Cheese Appraisers (Really would not order this anywhere else for some reason), Caramel Apples, Dole and Orange Whip, and CUPCAKES- there are so many to choose from all over the parks/resorts.
thumb_600.jpg
where can u make ur own dipped Mickey mouse rice Crispie Treat?

HouCuseChickie

Too funny...my wife and I actually went to the Georgia Mountain Fair this past weekend. Lots of different fair foods. Saw fried Oreos and fried pizza, but stuck with the old tried and true corn dog.
And while nowhere near as beautiful as your cakes, there was a Kit Kat cake that was pretty cool, simply a round cake frosted then circled with Kit Kat bars and M&Ms on top...guess I am easily impressed...it was simple but very attractive at the same time.

Awww...thank you :) And I have two cakes in the fairly near future...one is even a Disney theme. Kit Kats are actually really great for making basket cakes. You line them up vertically along the iced cake to make the wooden slats in the basket. Most of the ones I've seen are topped with Reeses Pieces and are used for fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving festivities. Thinking about doing one this fall.

And now I'm back to wanting fried foods on a stick ;)

JohnD

I hear I must try Dole Whip and Tonga Toast. I'll be at Captain Cook's (lunch) and Kona Cafe (breakfast) on the same day.

epcotisbest

Awww...thank you :) And I have two cakes in the fairly near future...one is even a Disney theme. Kit Kats are actually really great for making basket cakes. You line them up vertically along the iced cake to make the wooden slats in the basket. Most of the ones I've seen are topped with Reeses Pieces and are used for fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving festivities. Thinking about doing one this fall.

And now I'm back to wanting fried foods on a stick ;)
Yes, that is a good description...vertical kit kats surrounding the iced cake to look like a basket with candy inside.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have just made 2 of these for my Nephews 7th birthday today :D

taz0162

where can u make ur own dipped Mickey mouse rice Crispie Treat?

Goofie Candy Co. at DTD.
Complete a form like this:
goofys.jpg

And they make it for you while you wait. The Rice Crispie Treats and Pretzel rods were considered "Snacks" so I cashed in our last day there (and each time we visited DTD) I had fun experimenting the different Rice Crispie build recipies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom